Nice Early Soul

Guest lolmil

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

You bin in my record boxes!!!???!!! :lol: Obviously a man who not only likes early 'cross-over', but likes 'CLASS' early cross-over! :thumbup: Valentinos... bought ten counts of both this and the Flamingo's track in the early 90's, @ $3 each.

If you have a cd of your stuff I'd be a very grateful & appreciative recipient. I would happily reciprocate with a batch of my own, like-minded, ditties.

New York labels must be a particular fave of yours perhaps? Certainly the talents of the likes of Roy Hamilton, Tony Middleton, & Chuck Jackson must, surely, favour high in your list of preferred artists?

Do you, too, feel a CD swap comin' on...? :unsure::huh::rolleyes: are you suddenly finding that, almost uncontrollably, you're getting drawn ever nearer to the turntable and little boxes of 'tricks'? :thumbsup:

Edited by FickleFingers
Social source share

You bin in my record boxes!!!???!!! :D Obviously a man who not only likes early 'cross-over', but likes 'CLASS' early cross-over! thumbup.gif Valentinos... bought ten counts of both this and the Flamingo's track in the early 90's, @ $3 each.

If you have a cd of your stuff I'd be a very grateful & appreciative recipient. I would happily reciprocate with a batch of my own, like-minded, ditties.

New York labels must be a particular fave of yours perhaps? Certainly the talents of the likes of Roy Hamilton, Tony Middleton, & Chuck Jackson must, surely, favour high in your list of preferred artists?

Do you, too, feel a CD swap comin' on...? :lol::lol:rolleyes.gif are you suddenly finding that, almost uncontrollably, you're getting drawn ever nearer to the turntable and little boxes of 'tricks'? thumbsup.gif

Glad you enyoyed the tracks!

I have nowhere near enough vinyl to make a CD of my own stuff but have plenty on CDs to put one together to send you.

Loll

Social source share

Glad you enyoyed the tracks!

I have nowhere near enough vinyl to make a CD of my own stuff but have plenty on CDs to put one together to send you.

Loll

Blimey, I'm defo gettin' old.... reading your reply very nearly had me in tears!! :D Made me realise how fortunate I am to possess the pieces I do! :wicked:

The offer is still open from my side - if you'd like a cd from me just pm your details and I'll have one winging it's way to you faster than you can read all the credits on the scans in JM's 'Million Dollars Of Rare Soul' - well... maybe a tad quicker than that eh?

Do you have a particular fave at the moment? you know.... the sort where you go 'I really, really need that record!! ohmy.gifunsure.gif:D

If your predicament is as you state (& you ain't just 'aving a laugh...) I would think 'another' cd might only serve to fuel your frustrations by possibly making your 'desired' list even longer than it already is! That said... you might not be a 'vinyl maniac' and cd's are the perfect medium to suit your requirements - in which case it'll be worth sending one.

Over to you g.gif

Edited by FickleFingers
Social source share

No good at soundclips sorry, but stuff like..

The Delcos 'Just ask'

Spindletoppers 'Written in your eyes'

The Pageants 'Are you ever coming home'

Marcells 'Give me back your love'

Johnny Maestro 'She's all mine alone'

Mckinley Mitchell 'I found an angel'

Marv Johnson 'The man who don't believe in love'

Don Covay 'See about me'

The Darrells 'So tenderly'

.........would probably float ya boat no end. :wicked:

Edited by Mace
Social source share

No good at soundclips sorry, but stuff like..

Spindletoppers 'Written in your eyes'

The Darrells 'So tenderly'

.........would probably float ya boat no end. :wicked:

Agree entirely... another man with obvious taste thumbsup.gif

The Spindletoppers - Carl Spencer giving it his distinctive vocal capabilities helps make this a top notch tune, still priced low enough to be affordable. 'Class!'

And The Darrells on Lyco - also sought out by the stateside 'group' and 'doo-wop' collector's... again, another fine example of early 'crossover' soul.

I've actually got two copies of the Darrells in a box at the moment (doo do doo do, doo do doo do ohmy.gif ) and I know the Spindletoppers is residing in a box somewhere here.

I'd also throw in the New Yok labels the likes of Sue, Crackerjack, Symbol... some fantastic offerings from those stables that are both classy and affordable. Big Voice artists such as Roy Hamilton, Tony Middleton, Chuck Jackson, Carl Spencer, Hal Miller etc. again, a good output of classy, and relatively cheap, titles available from all their respective early sixties catalogues. I better be careful or I'll still be here typing away in the morning!! smile.gif

Hope all this is of assistance...

Edited by FickleFingers
Social source share

Agree entirely... another man with obvious taste :thumbup:

The Spindletoppers - Carl Spencer giving it his distinctive vocal capabilities helps make this a top notch tune, still priced low enough to be affordable. 'Class!'

I'd also throw in the New Yok labels the likes of Sue, Crackerjack, Symbol... smile.gif

Got a lovely 45 by Carl Spencer called 'Tired of work' (on Southside) ... theres a copy on Manships site for £30 (with a soundclip)

Sue and its subsidery labels are indeed quality labels for producing some exceptional releases of this genre....Jimmy Merritt & Jimmy Helms to name a couple....... :D

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
Guest posstot

You know the stuff, just after Doo-Wop, I'll kick off with the Flamingos

Loll

OH DEAR, "OI! FINGERS"...DON'T MENTION THAT YOUR ON AT A VENUE, IN APRIL, WHICH WOULD HAVE THIS BLOKE CRYING WITH HAPPINESS FOR A MONTH SOLID(AT LEAST UNTIL THE NEXT ONE)

**SOULFUL SHACK**

TO ADD TO THE LIST, EXCEPT I DON'T HAVE THE CLIPS....THEY'LL BE ON THIS FRIDAY THOUGH AT ABOVE VENUE!!!(7TH MARCH)

DO DO GREENE HOLD ON....

WADE FLEMMONS I CAME RUNNING (BACK FROM THE PARTY)...

JOHNNY DUNN DARLIN'...

DRAPERS YOU GOT TO LOOK UP...THE FLIP TO YOUR LOVE HAS GONE AWAY

DYNAMICS-MARY MOULTRIE I'LL PROVE MY LOVE TO YOU

CREATIONS LADY LUCK...

KENNY CARTER HEY LOVER..

LITTLE JOE COOK I'LL NEVER GO TO A PARTY AGAIN..

LITTLE JOE COOK THESE LONELY TEARS..

MARV JOHNSON HE GAVE ME YOU..

GLADYS NIGHT & THE PIPS TELL HER YOU'RE MINE

SIDNEY BARNES WAIT..

JOHNNY HOLMES SO MEAN..

ROY HAMILTON I NEED YOUR LOVIN'...

TAKE IT EASY JOE

PLEASE LOUISE

SAMMY HAWKINS STANDIN ON THE SIDELINES...

MIRACLES IF YOUR MOTHER ONLY KNEW..

JOE MOORE I MUST BE IN LOVE...

MATADORS YOU'D BE CRYING TOO...

AND I'M NOT GONNA TELL YOU ABOUT THE STUFF THAT WILL HAVE YOU SOBBING UNCONTROLLABLY. YOU'LL HAVE TO COME AND HEAR THEM WITH US ALL PETE GRIFFIN, TAF, STE AND MESELF..60'S SOUL RnB & POPCORN........PLAYING SOME HARD HITTIN SOULFUL SHIT TOO MAN!! WHOOOOOOO WE!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert