Lydia Marcelle

Lydia Marcelle was recently in touch I promised to record her tunes.

I'm out of stock of the Atco release "Everybody Dance" . Can anyone send send me a sound file of BOTH sides? so's i can forward it on to her.

SECONDLY.

What label did the mighty fine "Another Kind Of Fellow" come out on in USA? I've got it on UK Sue release but have no data what so ever on a USA release?? Why?

It's a brilliant song that sounds like "When I'm Gone", carries huge Northern potential for todays scene.

Any one help?

Edited by john manship
Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm out of stock of the Atco release "Everybody Dance" . Can anyone send send me a sound file of BOTH sides? so's i can forward it on to her.

SECONDLY.

What label did the mighty fine "Another Kind Of Fellow" come out on in USA? I've got it on UK Sue release but have no data what so ever on a USA release?? Why?

It's a brilliant song that sounds like "When I'm Gone", carries huge Northern potential for todays scene.

Any one help?

Paul Pelletier's Sue listing shows it as Nola, but doesn't give a release number.

Nick

Edited by nickinstoke
Social source share

SECONDLY.

Any one help?

Brought that from you not so long ago i'll phone spanner tomorrow and ask him how to send it to you John

Regards Gary

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

SECONDLY.

Any one help?

Morning, John...

I'll burn you a CD-r of "Everybody Dance" today, if you still need it. The other side is the same track (and the same recording) as the flip of "Another Kind Of Fellow" (which I also only have on Sue...)

Best,

TONY

Social source share

Morning, John...

I'll burn you a CD-r of "Everybody Dance" today, if you still need it. The other side is the same track (and the same recording) as the flip of "Another Kind Of Fellow" (which I also only have on Sue...)

Best,

TONY

tony,

thanks mate, you can just send it to Lisa lisa@raresoulman.co.uk as a file. i think she can burn it over (she burns everything else)

Have you ever seen a Nola copy of the Sue 45. I can't recall ever having one??

or has anyone got a Lydia Marcelle on Nola. Scan would be wonderful..

I've just checked out NOLA listing in R&B indies. It's not listed there. # 710, 718, 719, 723, 734 are all unaccounted for.

Would be nice if it was one of the missing #'s or even nicer if it never got a USA press.

Very interesting this record thing...

john

Edited by john manship
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

tony,

thanks mate, you can just send it to Lisa lisa@raresoulman.co.uk as a file. i think she can burn it over (she burns everything else)

Have you ever seen a Nola copy of the Sue 45. I can't recall ever having one??

or has anyone got a Lydia Marcelle on Nola. Scan would be wonderful..

I've just checked out NOLA listing in R&B indies. It's not listed there. # 710, 718, 719, 723, 734 are all unaccounted for.

Would be nice if it was one of the missing #'s or even nicer if it never got a USA press.

Very interesting this record thing...

john

Will do.

If AKOF did in fact come out on Nola (or was scheduled to) I think that the most likely number would have been 723, given the sound of the record and the proximity of the UK Sue release. (Also, Billboard reviewed Nola 725 - Frankie Cherval's "To Make A Big Man Cry" - in October '66). I suspect, though, that it never came out in the USA, given that you've never seen one and nor have some pretty heavyweight N.O. collectors that I know.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I've always been keen to know when the two Manhattan 45s date from - anyone know?

From '67, it would seem, Gene. They certainly have a slightly later sound than do "Everybody Dance" and "Another Kind Of Fellow"...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert