Derek Martin

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Great call Chalky, got this a few months ago and have only played it a couple of times but was well impressed. He does some interesting covers too on it.

Well worth a purchase, sure they will be all over Amazon, and you are supporting a real live soul star (or his family if he isn't!!)

Social source share

Guest Beeks

Great call Chalky, got this a few months ago and have only played it a couple of times but was well impressed. He does some interesting covers too on it.

Well worth a purchase, sure they will be all over Amazon, and you are supporting a real live soul star (or his family if he isn't!!)

I have to say im of the same mind...love all these tracks...probably unusually...but After All Is Said And Done is the one that really caught my ear...but great post thumbsup.gif

Social source share

less than seven quid on amazon Jock, bargain. Had a few cds through this week, Tommy Tate, Luther Ingram, Brooks O'Dell, just gotta find the time to listen :thumbsup:

Social source share

I have to say im of the same mind...love all these tracks...probably unusually...but After All Is Said And Done is the one that really caught my ear...but great post :thumbsup:

Yep it caught my ear too and has had a few repeat plays but unlike AAISAD the other two are the ones with maybe some potential for a venue. Flashback has already made it of course with the original acetates in the hands of two of the scenes biggest DJ's, past and present, Searling and Butch.

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest Ferrett

Just got the Derek Martin CD and was very impressed with the unreleased material. Four or five tracks that I'd never heard before with major dancefloor potential. Big full 40 piece thumping productions. Real traditional Northern that would have gone down so well in the mid 70's if they'd have been released.

From the liner notes it seems Derek was alive and well and still performing in Switzerland in 2005. What chance a live performance in the UK? It would certainly save on the cost and carbon footprint of jetting in a US based act for a weekender!! :unsure::sweatingbullets:

Ferrett

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert