Not Another Remix

:lol::lol:

Yep, I'm still at my 'mixer' , have a laugh with this one :shades:

Tweaked to give it more of a 'dancer' beat.

Not exactly soul :P But it is 60's :wicked:

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Interesting - never heard this tune before. Sounds fab and groovy.

Incidentally, I was surprised to learn recently that some people in the states regard "Groovin" as the ultimate blue eyed soul record. Always loved it, as I'm sure many of you do, but regarded it as light hippy pop. Now I consider it extremely soulful. Funny things pigeonholes.

Social source share

I'm sure this kind of thing is bound to wind up the traditionalists :lol: - but I think its a great idea. The contemporary dance world does it all the time of course, and with simple audio editing software, and a bit of imagination, the possibilities are endless.

:wicked:

Lofty

Social source share

:wicked:

I'm sure there are people on this forum who have more expertise than I do and could create some great tracks.

The thought crossed my mind that if there are , say, 50,000 Northen tracks then there could be another 50,000 'soul' tracks that with a bit of tweaking might be good enough to be played :shades: Not that I'm saying anything I play around with is any good :lol:

We could have new 'old' music for ever :lol:

Here's a Tammi Terrell track thats had the tempo tweaked and the 'pitch' lowered.

Social source share

This one is a bit better tongue.gif

Sharpees - Tired of Being Lonely

The original track by the 'Sharpees' was quite slow , so I've tweaked the tempo up a bit and added some bass tongue.gif

File size is quite large, when I've reduced the size the final remix looses too much definition.

The 'free' software that I used is called Audacity.

https://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Hope you enjoy it laugh.gif

Social source share

I agree with you 100% , all my "butchered" attempts at a remix just sound like good records being played too fast :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Some are even worse than that :thumbsup::ohmy:

My ambition is to remix one track that gets one play at a youth club in the next 10 years :lol:

In the mean time I've stopped filling the forum with my remixed garbage and put them into my 'Album' out of decent peoples way. :lol:

Social source share

This one is a bit better  :thumbsup:

Sharpees - Tired of Being Lonely

The original track by the 'Sharpees' was quite slow , so I've tweaked the tempo up a bit and added some bass  :thumbsup:

File size is quite large, when I've reduced the size the final remix looses too much definition.

The 'free' software that I used is called Audacity.

https://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Hope you enjoy it  :yes:

link

Does Audacity have a button called "convert moody to chirpy" then? :)

Godz

Social source share

Audacity does have a button to do just that, its a hidden option, in fact its a very hidden option , so hidden that I dont think I was meant to find it :)

Having now proved to myself that I am inept at mixing anything other than drinks :thumbsup: I'll try and stay away from tracks that people enjoy :yes:

So for my next trick I will massacre "Try My Love" by Bobby Moore & The Rhythm Aces :yes:

Or maybe Jonathan Kings 'Where The Sun Has Never Shone' would be a better choice :thumbsup:

Edited by Rand
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!