Ktf Website

I was gutted when I fixed my PC and reloaded windows '98, only to find that the KTF website has 'gone'. I really enjoyed that site and it would be really handy to check out some of the tunes in the Djing thread with tunes under 20 quid. In fact I could spend all saturday souling as her in doors is off to the Bull Ring shopping !

I know about Soul Club, but are there any other similar sites peeps can point me to ?

Thanks

Dave :unsure:

P.S. I also spent ages loading Winamp and other plugins, so that I could change files from Real Audio to MP3 format to burn 'em onto discs for the car, grrrrr.

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

When that site closed, I did a thread about it and someone said that it was still possible to access those KTF sounds. Also soul club sounds are (apparently) downloadable, although I've not quite figured out how to do that. There is one other site as well, but I'd have to PM you about that as they offer dodgy bootlegs and that can't be mentioned here.

Will find original thread and post :unsure:

Social source share

When that site closed, I did a thread about it and someone said that it was still possible to access those KTF sounds.  Also soul club sounds are (apparently) downloadable, although I've not quite figured out how to do that.  There is one other site as well, but I'd have to PM you about that as they offer dodgy bootlegs and that can't be mentioned here. 

Will find original thread and post :unsure:

link

Ian, thanks for the reply, I did search for another thread on the subject, but didn't manage to find it. I'd appreciate the pm if you don't mind, any more info would be welcome. :yes:

Edited by Briles
Social source share

Ian, thanks for the reply, I did search for another thread on the subject, but didn't manage to find it. I'd appreciate the pm if you don't mind, any more info would be welcome.  :unsure:

link

Did the above link not work?

After I did that thread someone else did something similar and it was this quote from Alison that says about still getting access to KTF sounds;

KTF Audio is still active though (I do the regular Thursday XO sets), which was one of the groups used to collate some of the sounds on KTFDownload. Only problem being that the tracks are no longer archived due to a change a while ago in Yahoo's policy so you need to be on the mailing list to receive them.

link

Social source share

Guest alison

To subscribe simply send an email to ktfaudio-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.

6 days of regular and guest posters, all with a different slant on soul music, plus a free for all Sunday when all members chuck tunes into the pot.

As previously mentioned, the tracks are no longer archived, but all you get is 6-8 tunes plus some feedback comment in your inbox, and if too busy you can simply save the RA's to your files and listen later....or indeed delte the ones that arent of interest to you.

Group is also very helpful at providing good quality MP3's and fulfilling individual requests, even for very hard to find tackle.

Hope this helps.

Social source share

P.S. I also spent ages loading Winamp and other plugins, so that I could change files from Real Audio to MP3 format to burn 'em onto discs for the car, grrrrr.

link

I'll send you some audio progs if you want - ra to mp3, mp3 to wav, editing stuff etc (or tell you where to get them)

Social source share

I'll send you some audio progs if you want - ra to mp3, mp3 to wav, editing stuff etc (or tell you where to get them)

link

Pete I've got the converter, but do you know how to get sounds from say Soul Club into a .rm format. If I try at the moment that just have the 'e' icon which is no use to man nor beast.

Social source share

Pete I've got the converter, but do you know how to get sounds from say Soul Club into a .rm format.  If I try at the moment that just have the 'e' icon which is no use to man nor beast.

link

I thought the soul club stuff was already rm's Ian - if not, what are they, any idea?

Social source share

I thought the soul club stuff was already rm's Ian - if not, what are they, any idea?

link

Yeah they probably are. But if you drag one off to the desk top you get that irritating e icon that, as I say you can't do cock all with. There is another procedure to download them properly and then convert them. That's seems to be a bit of a mystery, well til Chalky gets home from work :unsure:

Off 4 a sarn TBC ... ?

Social source share

Yeah they probably are.  But if you drag one off to the desk top you get that irritating e icon that, as I say you can't do cock all with.  There is another procedure to download them properly and then convert them.  That's seems to be a bit of a mystery, well til Chalky gets home from work :unsure:

Off 4 a sarn TBC ... ?

link

Sorry if I stae the obvious, but if you right click 'em and say select properties, it tell you the file format. The one I wanted was the Fidels - Try a little harder - which is a real audio media file which I can't convert, and would be grateful of help changing this format to MP3. Pete-S pls ?

Thanks

Dave.

Social source share

Sorry if I stae the obvious, but if you right click 'em and say select properties, it tell you the file format. The one I wanted was the Fidels - Try a little harder - which is a real audio media file which I can't convert, and would be grateful of help changing this format to MP3. Pete-S pls ?

Thanks

Dave.

link

Yeah ok mate I'll sort that out for you

Social source share

Reckon I've cracked it yer nar. Real Player 'now playing' Save now playing, save as file. The one's I've done so far are already mp3's wer ho! :unsure:   :)   :yes:

link

Ian

Please could you try that Fidels file, and tell me it's cool :-)

Dave B

Social source share

OK here's the Fidels.

This sounds to me like it's off the DJM reissue from 1977 as it's quite a dull mix compared to the original and the one that came out on Jayboy.

I remember this was the record I'd paid most money for ever in 1975 - £1.50!

Social source share

Ian

Please could you try that Fidels file, and tell me it's cool :-)

Dave B

link

Running out of lunch hour here for listenings etc - back to covert postings :unsure: Pete-S to the rescue (above) by the looks of things. So glad to have cracked that download thing though. Breakthrough at last without asking Chalky, owe him many pints already for tracks I have already mooched :yes:

Social source share

It's playing silly buggers, I attached the file but it's not sent it up, Dave do you want me to email it to you?

link

Please if you could Pete,

Thanks for all your help Guys. :unsure:

Edited by Briles
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert