Can anyone help,cheers Dereck thumbsup.gif

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

go to Bananas if you want to spend all day looking through his records, sort out all the good stuff then spend hours waiting for the owner to go through every track on popsike, and other web sites and then price the items up accordingly :angry:

I had him do that to me other year but still got some nice cheapies.Try his other place across the road as I know of someone who got a couple of Mac Davis on Columbia from there for 50 cents each.

Also he's got all the price guides as well.

Social source share

I had him do that to me other year but still got some nice cheapies.Try his other place across the road as I know of someone who got a couple of Mac Davis on Columbia from there for 50 cents each.

Also he's got all the price guides as well.

any one know about places in fort lauderdale/miami area

Social source share

Guest Mark Holmes

You know what you can get better deals and finds in the record bar at your local soul do, in the wants section of this site or on ebay...theres nowt left here...people have been asking the same question for years.

Come to Florida and enjoy your holiday don't do a Ponce de Leon and spend it looking for the Fountain of Youth.....its not here. tongue.gif

A good indication is to look at where sellers are on ebay if you want to record hound in the USA.

Social source share

You know what you can get better deals and finds in the record bar at your local soul do, in the wants section of this site or on ebay...theres nowt left here...people have been asking the same question for years.

Come to Florida and enjoy your holiday don't do a Ponce de Leon and spend it looking for the Fountain of Youth.....its not here. tongue.gif

A good indication is to look at where sellers are on ebay if you want to record hound in the USA.

Agree with mark... not worth all the messing round.....

Social source share

Guest styrene45

Also agree with Mark, spent 20+ years in Florida and the last 6 living there, not much around through all that time...enjoy your holiday instead it ain't as stressful!

Social source share

Guest nightrecords

I also agree, I live in miami and and can hardly find anything to actually dig down here.. So many record shops have closed.. but if you wanna give it a try go to kellys in fort lauderdale. 954-568-2580

Edited by nightrecords
Social source share

i agree, spent 2 weeks in austin texas just over a year ago for a holiday, visited a couple of record shops, not a bean there! so just enjoyed the rest of my jollies in the texan sunshine (and rain!).

Social source share

The first time I went to the States with the family 17 years ago to St Petes beach I was told the nearest place was Bananas...I was also told the place had been turned over many times by brits.

I just wanted to visit a 7" shop and have a rootle, had made me mind up that if I came out with one record I could say to myself "been to the states and had a pop at it"

Cut a long story short I spent a total of 7 hrs with them, found loads of cheap bits very cheap and two raraties both of which he wanted John Manship book prices so I said 'no thank' found a instrumental that I've never seen listed and found the whole experience fantastic.

The next day I returned to continue my serach when the owner says, do you wanna go in the basement and have a look through some unopend boxes etc" "YES PLEASE"

5 hrs later and fingers torn to shreads I appeared with one record of any note LOL

Go there with an open mind and IF you do find anything ultra rare, stick it down you trousers and leg it.

PS invest in some of these, promise you it'll save you days of agony..

glove.jpg

Social source share

Guest bury masonic

i agree, spent 2 weeks in austin texas just over a year ago for a holiday, visited a couple of record shops, not a bean there! so just enjoyed the rest of my jollies in the texan sunshine (and rain!).

Thanks everyone for your replies :yes:

Ill do as you all say,go out their get pissed and enjoy the sun,bollocks to the records,if i havent got enough already!!! :yes:

BUT if i just happen to drop on anything,i will report back on this thread!!

Dereck

Bury Masonic Soul Club

Every Third Saturday :lol:

Edited by bury masonic
Social source share

Much the same response as everyone else.

I was in South Beach a couple of years ago and found one store which was in North Miami,I think it was called The Bluenote or Soulnote.

Picked up some nice jazz bits and a good few disco 12"s and 70's soul albums.

I went all over the Cuban area looking for latin vinyl but everyone just looked at me as if I was stupid - 'Did I not realise that cds had been invented years ago?'

I was told to try pawn shops for old vinyl so made a list of about a dozen pawn shops which were on one of the major avenues.

The incredulous looks on the faces of the shop owners faces when this white guy with a Glasgow accent appeared asking if they had any records.

Four hours I walked this street and finally , in a store run by a guy with serious gang tatoos and a sign to check your guns at the door, I was directed to a dusty box of records hidden away on a shelf.

At last!

They turned out to be laserdiscs.

Enjoy your holiday.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert