Ruby Sherry (Take 6) Booted?

George G

I have a yellow label issue Ruby Sherry on Take 6 - It looks legit except the outer edge has an odd trim to it, like a little extra ridge around the outside. It was found in the US. Has this ever been booted? I am looking to get rid of it so I want to confirm its real.

The dead wax markings are GT-01Re T-6-1o02-A R-1036 (the Feminine side)

In the T-6-1o02A the 'o' looks like it was scratched in after it was marked 102

TIA

George

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

To my knowledge this has not been booted George -i have the take 6 one for the immaculate flip and your descriptions are similar to mine,the gold token version by the way has 2 different versions a shorter and slightly longer one if memory serves me right,I do saythis with resevation however as almost everything these days has been booted -you just have to look at british ebay to see some of the shite posted!!!

I f you get the time get a scan to me etc and ill do a compare and contrast sad bastard that I AM!!! LOL.

BAZ A

Social source share

To my knowledge this has not been booted George -i have the take 6 one for the immaculate flip and your descriptions are similar to mine,the gold token version by the way has 2 different versions a shorter and slightly longer one if memory serves me right,I do saythis with resevation however as almost everything these days has been booted -you just have to look at british ebay to see some of the shite posted!!!

I f you get the time get a scan to me etc and ill do a compare and contrast sad bastard that I AM!!! LOL.

BAZ A

the take 6 version of feminine inginuity is longer than the gold token version, both sides of the take 6 disc were booted on a solid centre disc with a plain white label some have had the titles handwritten on some hav'nt

Social source share

WHITE LABEL ?? Sound interseting wouldnt mind seeing one of them to be honest -thiknk I saw a one on youtube with the flip side scribbled out come to think about it -ill have a look!!

BAZ A

the take 6 version of feminine inginuity is longer than the gold token version, both sides of the take 6 disc were booted on a solid centre disc with a plain white label some have had the titles handwritten on some hav'nt

Social source share

Are you sure about that, Feminine Ingenuity on the white label has a male vocal track on the other side, I don't remember Please Don't Go ever being booted - obviously I may be wrong and if so I apologise. The Take 6 version is poor quality, there are two different mixes of the Gold Token release, yours truly having found (or pointed out) the first of these 'different' mixes and sold it for a lot of money at the time.

Social source share

i really dont know Pete to be honest -infact ive not pulled mine out for about 4 years lol-sure someone will confirm if the demos are authentic - vis a vis ive never seen the uk solid centre one lol.

BAZ A

Sorry, I was thinking of the UK pressed white label one with the solid centre - I've never seen that import one, at that price is it real?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!