El Corols

Does anyone know where I can find this 45'? El Corols band & Show? I've looked everywhere, and this particular band is near impossible to do a web search on.

Edited by Determined
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 19
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest in town Mikey

Got it on Rouser, not sure about selling it tho'

link

Do you enjoy torturing people Tony?? :shades:

I've just read the stress Si Bridger went through getting you to sell a record on Soul Talk. That's mean man :D

Social source share

The songs are You must be an angel b/w Chicky Chicky

link

"Chick Chick" also came out as "Ain`t no bragg" or the other way around,but both 45s had "You gotta be a angel" on the flip,it seem`s that the "Ain`t no bragg" 45 is a lot rarer than the "Chick,Chick" 45 for some reason,here`s a scan for you :shades:

Dave f.................

post-2848-1125414804_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Will go for trade's also. If you want something I may have, will trade. Or I could get it for you. I am usually very good at finding records, but this one by the "El Corols" almost has me defeated. I hope I can get it from one of you.

Social source share

The songs are You must be an angel b/w Chicky Chicky

link

I am the person that "Determined" is trying to get this record for. It was issued on Tiny Records and it featured the songs "You Must Be An Angel" and "Chick, Chick" (I have it in front of me and those title are accurate). Many years ago when I was a small child, I accidentally stepped on it, cracking it into two places. The 45 still plays but it does not play well. On top of having two great songs on it, it was my mother's and my favorite song. I would be quite indebted to anyone who could track it down. I don't know that I have anything particularly esoteric that anyone would want but I can do my best.

Oh, and thank you, "Determined". I never knew this avenue existed... :thumbsup:

Ed

Social source share

Can anyone please post up a RA or MP3 of "Chick chick"?

Been so long since I've heard it - can't remember how it goes.

Cheers,

Christian B

Social source share

to make it all worse and to add to the variations of this record, my rouser copy actually states "you gotta be an angel" on both sides/labels.

it might be interesting to some that apparently a certain Sir Joe Quarterman used to play in the el corols, and these are allegedly the magnificent seven (ergh, one of these

:thumbsup: - probably the "she's called a woman" ones?

franz

p.s. think it should be pretty hard to find a copy for 75 to 100 quid, i'd rather reckon 150+.

-and it's brilliant, btw.

Social source share

Thanks  :shhh:

Cheers,

Christian B

link

Since we're not getting anywhere trying to find someone who will part with their 45, would it be too much trouble if someone could post a decent .mp3 of "You Must Be An Angel" and "Chick, Chick"? The songs are brilliant and would bring back so many wonderful memories. I'd be forever indebted to whoever could make that happen for me. I completely understand not wanting to sell the 45. If I had it, I wouldn't want to part with it either. Words cannot express how grateful I'd be if I could just hear them in decent .mp3 files.

Ed

Edited by HighTenor
Social source share

Since we're not getting anywhere trying to find someone who will part with their 45, would it be too much trouble if someone could post a decent .mp3 of "You Must Be An Angel" and "Chick, Chick"?  The songs are brilliant and would bring back so many wonderful memories.  I'd be forever indebted to whoever could make that happen for me.  I completely understand not wanting to sell the 45.  If I had it, I wouldn't want to part with it either.  Words cannot express how grateful I'd be if I could just hear them in decent .mp3 files. 

Ed

link

hi ed,

sorry, can't do mp3s or similar, and won't sell my copy for sure, but seeing that you're from DC (as well as the disc in question) i'd love to hear what you're memories are in that respect/how did you get to know it, just if that's not too intimate a question?? :thumbsup:

best,

franz

p.s. if nobody can oblige re the soundfile give me a shout and i'll ask a mate to do a file, that would take quite a while though.

Social source share

hi ed,

sorry, can't do mp3s or similar, and won't sell my copy for sure, but seeing that you're from DC (as well as the disc in question) i'd love to hear what you're memories are in that respect/how did you get to know it, just if that's not too intimate a question?? 

best,

franz

p.s. if nobody can oblige re the soundfile give me a shout and i'll ask a mate to do a file, that would take quite a while though.

Dave is graciously working with me to share what he has. What's interesting to note is that the Rouser Records version of "You Must (Gotta) Be An Angel" and "Ain't No Bragg" (aka "Chick Chick") both lack the interludes found on the Tiny Records version. They're radio edits of already rather short songs. Very interesting...

My parents had the 45 before I was born (which was 1973). I'm thinking that my father may have bought it but it is also equally possible that my mother was the one who did that. I remember my mother and I playing it constantly and I absolutely loved it's energy. When you're a kid, you're not very careful with anything, let alone a 45rpm record. I used to handle it and put my fingers all over the grooves. I'd throw it around and just generally have my way with it. Finally, at some point, I stepped on it and it absolutely broke my heart. I absolutely knew I was going to have a terrible time finding another one if it was even possible. Along with being a wonderful song with great energy, it's also a link to a wonderful human being who is no longer with us. My mother loved the record as I did and we'd always sing along to it whenever one of us put it on.

I just want to publicly thank Dave for reuniting me with an old and dear friend. There are truly no words. Thanks, Dave!

Ed

Edited by HighTenor
Social source share