Values Please - 4 Records

Morning all , just need some approx prices for the following as I

want to put them up for sale , not rare ones to most of you I know but

need a bit of guidance ,any help appreciated :)

1/ JAMO THOMAS - I SPY - THOMAS WDJ (x on Label)

2/ MEL WILLIAMS - THAT DON'T GET ME MAD - SOUL TIME

3/ JIMMY BO HORNE - IF YOU WANT MY LOVE - ALSTON WDJ

4/ LINDA CUMBO - YESTERDAY , TODAY & TOMORROW - SELECT WDJ

Thanks

Swifty :)

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Maybe I should have started a thread about the Javells! or One legged Midget Lesbian Blue eyed soul singers :yes:

I Know they are not rare and I suppose most of you have these under the kitchen sink or in the kids playroom

but would appreciate a bit of guidance from you informed people , please. Or maybe I should put them up

for sale on ebay at £200 each and wait for the comments which will then probably give me the figure they

should be!

Sorry for the rant but I can understand why people don't post on here , it's usually for fear of being ridiculed

or ignored if you're not a 'known' name.

Thanks anyway

Swifty :yes:

Social source share

Morning all , just need some approx prices for the following as I

want to put them up for sale , not rare ones to most of you I know but

need a bit of guidance ,any help appreciated :yes:

1/ JAMO THOMAS - I SPY - THOMAS WDJ (x on Label)

2/ MEL WILLIAMS - THAT DON'T GET ME MAD - SOUL TIME

3/ JIMMY BO HORNE - IF YOU WANT MY LOVE - ALSTON WDJ

4/ LINDA CUMBO - YESTERDAY , TODAY & TOMORROW - SELECT WDJ

Thanks

Swifty :yes:

Swifty ......if it helps ..i don't own and never have owned a price guide...i punch in the details of items i want info on ,either google...search bar in sales on here ...musicstack ,gemm ...popsike ...and then make my decisons from there .

Give it a try instead of having a rant at others for not doing your research for you :yes:

Edited by NEV
Social source share

Cheers mate :thumbsup: (or can I call you Bitch :)) contrary to what Nev thinks , I have checked various

Guides , Gemm etc but the prices vary so much , so just wanted a guide from people like yourself

who know what things may go for. I know it's only worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it.

Cheers matey

Swifty :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

Maybe I should have started a thread about the Javells! or One legged Midget Lesbian Blue eyed soul singers :thumbsup:

I Know they are not rare and I suppose most of you have these under the kitchen sink or in the kids playroom

but would appreciate a bit of guidance from you informed people , please. Or maybe I should put them up

for sale on ebay at £200 each and wait for the comments which will then probably give me the figure they

should be!

Sorry for the rant but I can understand why people don't post on here , it's usually for fear of being ridiculed

or ignored if you're not a 'known' name.

Thanks anyway

Your lucky, i've only had 20 hits on my 'look at yer box' on Lead Hill since Monday, i just think its either rubbish or rare.i would say jimmy bo horne around £30 - £40

Edited by soulmaguk
Social source share

Swifty ......if it helps ..i don't own and never have owned a price guide...i punch in the details of items i want info on ,either google...search bar in sales on here ...musicstack ,gemm ...popsike ...and then make my decisons from there .

Give it a try instead of having a rant at others for not doing your research for you :thumbsup:

Nev , I have done research on these and that is why I asked the question mate :)

MEL WILLIAMS - £100 JM - £50 TB - £35 GEMM now in my mind thats a big difference, nearly 300%

JIMMY BO HORNE - £30 JM - £50 TB - £25 GEMM - 200%

I just thought that this being a soul forum that people ( as a couple have :thumbsup:) may give me some guidance

that's all. So are you saying that everyone who asks for a value on here shouldn't bother and just check the books , gemm etc.

I thought this was the idea of a soul forum , to share knowledge. I realise it's not the ' Salvadors' or 'Arthur Willis' I'm asking about

but I can't afford big ticket stuff , so I buy & sell lower end stuff but just want to do it right :yes:

Take care

Swifty :D

P.S maybe there should just be a section for Valuations , then folks that don't want to chip in don't have to ?

Social source share

Your lucky, i've only had 20 hits on my 'look at yer box' on Lead Hill since Monday, i just think its either rubbish or rare.i would say jimmy bo horne around £30 - £40

Cheers Soulmaguk (bet that's not your real name ?) , it frustrates me a bit sometimes on here 'much appreciated :hatsoff2:cause I

feel intimidated about asking a question sometimes . Anyway thanks for your input mate ,

Cheers

P.S will make it 21 hits matey (next the world !)

Social source share

From completed auctions in the last couple of years - Median prices of copies that have actually sold.

1/ JAMO THOMAS - I SPY - THOMAS WDJ (x on Label) $28.50

2/ MEL WILLIAMS - THAT DON'T GET ME MAD - SOUL TIME $25

3/ JIMMY BO HORNE - IF YOU WANT MY LOVE - ALSTON WDJ under $25 (records below $25 aren't tracked)

4/ LINDA CUMBO - YESTERDAY , TODAY & TOMORROW - SELECT WDJ $25

if you don't know the site, you can go to Collector's Frenzy & check for yourself

Edited by Kris Holmes
Social source share

From completed auctions in the last couple of years - Median prices of copies that have actually sold.

1/ JAMO THOMAS - I SPY - THOMAS WDJ (x on Label) $28.50

2/ MEL WILLIAMS - THAT DON'T GET ME MAD - SOUL TIME $25

3/ JIMMY BO HORNE - IF YOU WANT MY LOVE - ALSTON WDJ under $25 (records below $25 aren't tracked)

4/ LINDA CUMBO - YESTERDAY , TODAY & TOMORROW - SELECT WDJ $25

go to Collector's Frenzy & check for yourself

Cheers Kris , I haven't tried that one ( Glad I bloody didn't :)) but just goes to show how far apart prices are though.

I hope you don't mind but I will try and delete your post as the prices are not in my favour mate !

Thanks Kris :thumbsup:

Cheers

Social source share

Nev , I have done research on these and that is why I asked the question mate :thumbsup:

MEL WILLIAMS - £100 JM - £50 TB - £35 GEMM now in my mind thats a big difference, nearly 300%

I just thought that this being a soul forum that people ( as a couple have :thumbsup:) may give me some guidance

that's all. So are you saying that everyone who asks for a value on here shouldn't bother and just check the books , gemm etc.

I thought this was the idea of a soul forum , to share knowledge. I realise it's not the ' Salvadors' or 'Arthur Willis' I'm asking about

but I can't afford big ticket stuff , so I buy & sell lower end stuff but just want to do it right :D

Take care

Swifty :)

P.S maybe there should just be a section for Valuations , then folks that don't want to chip in don't have to ?

Hi Swifty

On the contrary ...I have no objection to anyone asking for a valuation ....it was the fact you decided to take out your frustration and have a rant because you didn't get a response .

As you've already stated ....differing prices from all sources..you have to accept also that sales differ depending on whether the seller is a dealer or just a guy selling things to buy current wants.

Selling things that you've had a while does not necessarily mean your making a profit,whereas a dealer would'nt last long in business if he wasn't making some kind of profit.

My conclusion is check the prices of things that have sold rather than items for sale and you should get to a price that you feel comfortable to sell at.

Good luck and have fun.

Social source share

I reckon both records to be worth around 25 quid each realistically. But seen both going for much less on Ebay in recent times.

Social source share

Hi Swifty

On the contrary ...I have no objection to anyone asking for a valuation ....it was the fact you decided to take out your frustration and have a rant because you didn't get a response .

As you've already stated ....differing prices from all sources..you have to accept also that sales differ depending on whether the seller is a dealer or just a guy selling things to buy current wants.

Selling things that you've had a while does not necessarily mean your making a profit,whereas a dealer would'nt last long in business if he wasn't making some kind of profit.

My conclusion is check the prices of things that have sold rather than items for sale and you should get to a price that you feel comfortable to sell at.

Good luck and have fun.

Cheers Nev :)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert