Collecting

steve z

• Replies 27
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

i can see mark b lurking. i aint gonna tell steve off this time but he is starting the age old discussion of originals versus boots in the EVENTS section.

he has started the sherry early tonight :sleep3::sleep3:

Shane

Social source share

i can see mark b lurking. i aint gonna tell steve off this time but he is starting the age old discussion of originals versus boots in the EVENTS section.

he has started the sherry early tonight :sleep3::sleep3:

Shane

Sorry Shane,just get carried away...............Thought it may have been MR Dunlop.Please take out /or remove the post
Social source share

I do not buy Re-issues 'cos I know them.I do not buy oldies 'cos.............I try not to buy originals that are available via any other source.I WILL NEVER post a sound bite here or elsewhere...too many cheaters. :sleep3:

hypothetical question

- a mate does a CD compilation for you.......do you accept it?.......bearing in mind the above......or do you politely return it?

Social source share

Sorry Shane,just get carried away...............Thought it may have been MR Dunlop.Please take out /or remove the post

no worries steve mate. i cant move it to be honest from here.

i suggest anyone wishing to reply to continue till Mike/NickG/Dave Abbot log on and move it on.

Shane

Social source share

I do not buy Re-issues 'cos I know them.I do not buy oldies 'cos.............I try not to buy originals that are available via any other source.I WILL NEVER post a sound bite here or elsewhere...too many cheaters. :sleep3:

We tend to share stuff on here...the funniest thing is when I made all those alternative versions of northern tracks using the pitch changer and posted them up and I remember saying, you watch in 6 months time someone will be playing these, lo and behold out comes a cd featuring half of them, claiming to be different takes of well known tunes.

Social source share

We tend to share stuff on here...the funniest thing is when I made all those alternative versions of northern tracks using the pitch changer and posted them up and I remember saying, you watch in 6 months time someone will be playing these, lo and behold out comes a cd featuring half of them, claiming to be different takes of well known tunes.
Hi Pete do you know Mal Adams and the Cashmeres???
Social source share

Hi PETE,please ask Martin to play it for you.........took him nearly a year to obtain a battered copy at £1000.Stevie.Please let me know MAL ADAMS ps TIM wants one I do not minding sharing to people I trust.TAKE CARE Stevie
Social source share

I do not buy Re-issues 'cos I know them.I do not buy oldies 'cos.............I try not to buy originals that are available via any other source.I WILL NEVER post a sound bite here or elsewhere...too many cheaters. :thumbsup:

as joe said in a round about way, bit stream-of-consciousness this steve!

what point are you making? or what question are you asking?

Social source share

as joe said in a round about way, bit stream-of-consciousness this steve!

what point are you making? or what question are you asking?

Hi Dan,I have taken the long way round again :yes: The point I was trying to make is about owning as many records that others do not :thumbsup: As far as possible a collection thats "mine" and difficult for others to obtain.I do ,occasionally do tapes for people I know.I would not "post" a full sound bite ,just in case it got put onto an acetate or similar.ATB Steve :yes:
Social source share

Hi Dan,I have taken the long way round again :yes: The point I was trying to make is about owning as many records that others do not :yes: As far as possible a collection thats "mine" and difficult for others to obtain.I do ,occasionally do tapes for people I know.I would not "post" a full sound bite ,just in case it got put onto an acetate or similar.ATB Steve :D

i think you only have to worry about records that are exclusive to you really steve. just about everything is accessible these days.

what are your exclusive records then steve?

can we have a listen on here? :thumbsup::D

Shane

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

So pleased to see that post.

I do hope Vinyl Carvers make a good job of my 'Castle Brothers' pressing. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Hi Steve 'tis good :thumbsup: Martin ""Soul Sam" has just obtained one after many months searching.Now a"name" Dj has it who knows :thumbsup: ?ATB Stevie

any chance of posting up a soundfile steve? i'd love to hear it?

Social source share

confused by this topic? wacko.gif

Here you go grant.

Steviez says he doesn't by oldies or reissues, because he likes to hear and collect different things

Pikeys Dog asks him if he's had a drink

They talk about Post offices for a while.

A moderator comes on flexing his muscles

StevieZ kow tows and apologises as must we all when challenged by a moderator.

Col asks a hypothetical question

The moderator comes back on pretending he's anice guy., and its the other mods who are power mad.

Steviez answers Cols question by telling him to get a drink

PeteS comes on with a funny story

StevieZ asks him if he's heard of a record

Pete obviously hasn't so doesn't bother to reply

Steviez reemphasises the great record in question

Two befuddled soul sourcers ask irrelevant questions

Steviez accuses everybody of being a thief :thumbsup:

Moderator trys to change the route of the thread

Some French bloke comes on

then tries to speak English

Andy BB agrees with PeteS (I think)

Some sycophant posts about the record, although as usual, he is right.

Stevie z agrees with the above

Dan tries to steal said record by means of audio theft :)

Now what don't you understand Grant :thumbsup:

:)

Steve

Social source share

Here you go grant.

Steviez says he doesn't by oldies or reissues, because he likes to hear and collect different things

Pikeys Dog asks him if he's had a drink

They talk about Post offices for a while.

A moderator comes on flexing his muscles

StevieZ kow tows and apologises as must we all when challenged by a moderator.

Col asks a hypothetical question

The moderator comes back on pretending he's anice guy., and its the other mods who are power mad.

Steviez answers Cols question by telling him to get a drink

PeteS comes on with a funny story

StevieZ asks him if he's heard of a record

Pete obviously hasn't so doesn't bother to reply

Steviez reemphasises the great record in question

Two befuddled soul sourcers ask irrelevant questions

Steviez accuses everybody of being a thief :ohmy:

Moderator trys to change the route of the thread

Some French bloke comes on

then tries to speak English

Andy BB agrees with PeteS (I think)

Some sycophant posts about the record, although as usual, he is right.

Stevie z agrees with the above

Dan tries to steal said record by means of audio theft :lol:

Now what don't you understand Grant :ohmy:

:lol:

Steve

Bloody hell Steve :D:D Can I provide you with a tape :D Cannot burn I-pods :lol: ATB Steve

Social source share

Now that was a funny post..Steve Mannion...missed his vocation, did you work the Catskills in the late 50's ? :ohmy: .........I'm fortunate to have one of Stevie Z's tapes....i am currently throwing all my 45's in the bin....and thinking about starting from scratch....this fella' has got the tunes.

Brett

Social source share

Now that was a funny post..Steve Mannion...missed his vocation, did you work the Catskills in the late 50's ? whistling.gif .........I'm fortunate to have one of Stevie Z's tapes....i am currently throwing all my 45's in the bin....and thinking about starting from scratch....this fella' has got the tunes.

Brett

Is Mal Adams on it ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!