• Replies 3
  • Views 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Soulfood33

Jackson Brothers on Providence

Anyone know of anything else by this same group?????????

this 1965 recording is their only 60s release in the 50s from 1953 to 59 they had various 45s on Candy, RCA, Atco and Lucky. The atco release came out on UK London. But Jackson is one of the commonest names in "black" USA music and they sure had brothers, so maybe these boys are not the same boys as the 50s boys.

Social source share

this 1965 recording is their only 60s release in the 50s from 1953 to 59 they had various 45s on Candy, RCA, Atco and Lucky. The atco release came out on UK London. But Jackson is one of the commonest names in "black" USA music and they sure had brothers, so maybe these boys are not the same boys as the 50s boys.

some clipped info (from nancy i think ? ) that sort of says knows some back ground on these bros

maybe worth a shout to her see if more background ?

below from cd notes of a Italy's Right Combination Soul Society on the www.soul-allnighter.de website

https://www.soul-allnighter.de/News/CD_Tipp/body_cd_tipp.html

Ronnie North - I've Gotta Hear It From You (Holly) This is a version of the white group, the Jackson Brothers, on Providence, which I haven't listened to in years but I kind of remember the Providence version is more polished in production, and more northern in style. This Ronnie North version (which may be the original for all I know) is more "uptight", jazzy and gutsy, with his vocal as well as the instrumentation being influenced by James Brown. In fact the flip side is James Brown's "Try Me". "I've Gotta Hear It From You" is credited to Blanche "Halos are for Angels" Carter and Roy H. Smith, the genius behind the 70's Cutlass single.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert