The Knights And Arthur

Geoff

While listening to a record on YouTube I noticed a track by the Knights and Arthur, I Want To Go Back on Roulette, written partly by Curtis Mayfield. I played it and was taken back years to the mid sixties and the Jack Spector show on Radio Caroline. I remember this record and liked it at the time, but hadn't heard it since. A brilliant piece of Impressions' influenced soul. From what I read on there the Impressions version is called Man Oh Man and came out in 1965, but I'm sure I heard the Knights before that, probably 63 or 64, can't remember when Radio Caroline started. Am I the only person who remembers the Jack Spector show? I think he was a DJ in New York. Funny how things stick in your memory.

I note that Manship has a copy for £30, is that a good price? Has anyone any info on this record please?

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

most mayfield songs that were done by other artists (excluding obvious covers) were done first by the artist before the impressions did it (even though the impressions versions were often superior). Curtis was a writer and record producer looking for hits on his artists.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!