Truthful Feedback

Tezza

.........The stuff that riles me the most is the ' the floor was packed all night, place was heaving, another packed night' when in reality there was a handful of punters and no one danced. I understand that a promoter needs to push their venue as they need to make it pay for them to pay the DJs and the Hire for the Room but at what cost. A simple 'had a great night etc' would suffice with no need to mention numbers or the business on the floor but to tell an untruth is morally not right..........

agreed, however some things are borne out of sheer desperation, perhaps they may feel if they dont say these things, no one will come which goes back to my earlier post! The best thing in my humble opinion , is to therefor if you have the gut,s , and you enjoyed it, to say. look it was not packed out at all, but give it a go ect. there will always be blatant blagging, its the name of the game, and it annoys me as-well, but I am sure most people like me, know, we just know dont we ! :hatsoff2:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Brett F

I think "negative" as well as "positive" feedback should be welcomed, after all it gives an idea of what type of soul nite is being promoted, what the music policy is and most importantly gives an idea of the type of people who are following that particular event and why. Agreed by all means be diplomatic with the criticism but my one yardstick is I will try anything once and give it a few goes if there are doubts. Trainspotters, vinyl collectors and dj's who are unable to use a mike are a big no no for me- as well as non-dancing venues where the sole focus is on turgid "one step" rareities which value price of the vinyl above everything else..it must be good... because the Emperor says so. I reserve the right to spend my hard earned on venues that play the kind of music I want to hear on a Friday/Saturday night. I would rather go and try somewhere thats free in order to escape the soul clique. Have even been to venues in S Yorks that were deemed unfashionable, and played atb only to have the best night ever. Each to his own but don't critise a negative feedback if it appears to hold some truth in it.

ATB

Mick

Surely any credible DJ is also by definition a ' Vinyl Collector '....... :g: Wow i am puzzled, that really sort of alienates dozens of quality nights/nighters, nothing like narrowing the field of soul enjoyment there then Mick !!

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

Surely any credible DJ is also by definition a ' Vinyl Collector '....... :g: Wow i am puzzled, that really sort of alienates dozens of quality nights/nighters, nothing like narrowing the field of soul enjoyment there then Mick !!

Without vinyl collectors there would be NO rare soul scene at all. I speak as a soul lover who is not a vinyl collector but appreciates the efforts of those who are.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!