Guest profile photo

Gerry & Paul;the Cat Walk,is This Real?first Issue?

Guest profile photo
Posted

Got these two together,in a batch of records,and have been told the original is sought after(expencive),

G P & the soul emissaries;the lone ranger"n"funky tonto/quiet waters :rolleyes: on "Fat Bakc" records ,along with

Gerry & Paul & the soul emissaries;little bit of soul/the cat walk on "Fat Bakc" records,both have nice clear "bell sound" stamps,can anybody help put me out of my misery :yes: .

Thanks ph34r.gif

Share this forum post

soul source url
Guest profile photo
Posted

Got these two together,in a batch of records,and have been told the original is sought after(expencive),

G P & the soul emissaries;the lone ranger"n"funky tonto/quiet waters :thumbsup: on "Fat Bakc" records ,along with

Gerry & Paul & the soul emissaries;little bit of soul/the cat walk on "Fat Bakc" records,both have nice clear "bell sound" stamps,can anybody help put me out of my misery :P .

Anybody? :lol: sorry for me bump,i`ll get it seen to!!

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Gerry and Paul and Soul Emmisaries went on to found nucleus of The Fat Back Band (Note the label name) Dirt cheap records in the past but have gained in value over the years through a mixture of time, the rare groove scene in '80s, US funk boogie scene, etc.

Others on forum are much better placed to give you a current value.

They were around in 'junk' boxes in the '70s - but deserved better. I suspect it was the rare northen soul scene's allergy to 'funk' that caused them to be feel shunned.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Both are available to buy from Manship for £15 eaach. Originals. He doesn't mention any bootlegs.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Guest profile photo
Posted

Both are available to buy from Manship for £15 eaach. Originals. He doesn't mention any bootlegs.

Guy H,famous Stafford DJ and all round bad egg :thumbsup: as been telling me porkie`s then,i`ll get me own bakc,you`ll see :thumbsup: ........................ :lol:

Share this forum post

soul source url

Look At Your Box - Source Forum

Get into the record & soul music talk

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Gerry Cinnamon tickets
    Freebasing by lincsmod1970 on Sun 02 Dec 2018
    • 1 / 252
    • lincsmod1970 on 02 Dec 2018
  2. Gerry Hogan (Gerry H) R.I.P
    All About the SOUL by John Elias on Wed 18 Oct 2017
    • 7 / 947
    • HARRY CROSBY on 19 Oct 2017
  3. Gerry & Paul and the Soul Emissaries. Cat walk.
    Look At Your Box by Millo on Wed 06 Sep 2017
    • 49 / 3151
    • dthedrug on 24 Sep 2017
  4. Carol and gerry on you heart ache looks good
    Record Wants by Moxey25 on Tue 25 Jul 2017
    • 3 / 255
    • moxey25 on 25 Jul 2017
  5. The Embers - Gerry Hayes
    Record Sales by nicoocho on Wed 02 Dec 2015
    • 1 / 707
    • nicoocho on 02 Dec 2015

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.