Ady's E Bay Bits

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 9
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The Roy Castle 45 is in demand as it's actually the Tubby Hayes Quintet, believe it was Shake Keane on trumpet not Roy. In the film you see Tubbys group playing the modal jazz track and if you're into that sort of thing then it's pretty blinding. The 45 is a different recording and if I remember it's got some godawful vocals on it. I can't believe anyone would buy the 45 on the strength of the music on it, it's got to be the Tubby collectors that are chasing it as it is very rare, I was looking for it for years until I heard it and realised it wasn't the same recording used for the film.

cheers Sutty

Social source share

The Roy Castle 45 was so big last year that it was booted on a CBS Demo 45 with a large centre hole...........

The record is currently valued at three figures.......

It is Roy Castle's most sought after 45.......

AND HE'S A RECORD BREAKER!

anyone have a soundclip for this?

thanks,

Carl

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

The Roy Castle 45 is in demand as it's actually the Tubby Hayes Quintet, believe it was Shake Keane on trumpet not Roy. In the film you see Tubbys group playing the modal jazz track and if you're into that sort of thing then it's pretty blinding. The 45 is a different recording and if I remember it's got some godawful vocals on it. I can't believe anyone would buy the 45 on the strength of the music on it, it's got to be the Tubby collectors that are chasing it as it is very rare, I was looking for it for years until I heard it and realised it wasn't the same recording used for the film.

cheers Sutty

Has allegedly sold for more than £800! Find that hard to believe but good luck Ady. Isn't the film version on an LP?

Social source share

Guest HiTtHeBoNgO

anyone know the shake keane track fidel i used to play it out years ago ...brilliant ......800 for this track oh well i reckon it looks like im gonna be outbid :thumbsup:

Social source share

Source Advert