Shipping Problem

I'm interested in a shirt sold by an american seller and to reduce my postage costs I've asked him to send it to a friend of mine living in California. When she gets it she'll send it to me along with other things.

BUT I got this reply from the seller :

The shipping to CA would be $3.50 but the way ebay is set up it will not allow me to change the address if it is an international address. Would it be possible for your friend to bid on it with her account? Thanks

My friend doesn't have an ebay account so I told him I had previously (2 years ago) done this then he replied :
Sorry I have tried it before and it won't let me change the address if it goes through ebay system. I don't know how the other seller did that.

So is there a solution for this ( the seller sending the shirt to California and me paying US postage) ?

TIA

Edited by Philippe
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

You could also add another address to your ebay account ,which would be your friends ,and change it whenever you want to switch to the correct postal address

Good shout - This also defeats the dreaded 'Global Shipping Program'  but remember to change back

for subsequent bidding or you may get problems :thumbsup:

Social source share

I've never had a problem, I have addresses in the US, Canada, England and Spain and all you do is when you are about to bid on an item you go to Postage and Payments box on the items page and click on that, it will give you the option of changing the country to which you want it posted, just pick USA and enter the Zip code of who you want it sent to, the postage rate will then come up on the description.  As long as you have an address listed in your Paypal account in that country there'll be no problem paying for it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!