Constellation record label

Millo

Looking on Discogs the early releases were straight logo on yellow followed by blue curved and then blue straight. There are exceptions to that and some have been issued on curved and straight. I have searched on the web but don't seem to be able to find any detailed information.

Social source share

Looking on Discogs the early releases were straight logo on yellow followed by blue curved and then blue straight. There are exceptions to that and some have been issued on curved and straight. I have searched on the web but don't seem to be able to find any detailed information.

My guess is that is that; since the Constellation 45's were pressed in different pressing plants, some of them still had spares of the old label. They used them while other plants were already using the new designed label. Same story for many "popular" labels. Then you have some "second" round of issue to meet public demand were they were using the contemporary design label. So it's kinda complicate to understand if all were pressed at the same time in the 3 or 4 pressing plants they then were using. Some definitely were never pressed in such or such pressing plants as far as I know. Like the Monarch styrene (circular star design) issues were very few numbers as far as I know (I only have 160 & 167). But the are stunning with crisp label and sound quality ! Imagine finding a Nolan Chance 'just like the weather' on a monarch pressing...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!