Amanda Love

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

It's not necessarily good. It is bonkers. Bite me, Scratch me, Whip me on my thrupenny bits type S&M song.

A few people who I know do like it though. Usually those with an inclination toward Popcorn.

This 45 was issued on Starville first and then on Chess.

Was played a bit in London a few years ago but never really took off.

Rowly's got one.

Tha's all I know about her.

Edited by Andy BB
Social source share

Guest martinsbox

anybody got any ifo on this artist

not tried other side is it any good

As well as being on Chess 2003, it was also released (previously?) on Starville 1203.

Martin

Social source share

I'm sure I had a (drunken) conversation with John Kelly (the Scouse-Manc) about this tune once upon a p*ss-up, and he reckoned Amanda Love was another artist who was vocally very similar (in his opinion)....but I can't remember who he said (or even if conversation actually took place...hic :yes: )

I will ask him next time I speak to him, and if I remain sober during the conversation I will endeavour to let you know... blush.gif:yes:

Social source share

I'm sure I had a (drunken) conversation with John Kelly (the Scouse-Manc) about this tune once upon a p*ss-up, and he reckoned Amanda Love was another artist who was vocally very similar (in his opinion)....but I can't remember who he said (or even if conversation actually took place...hic :yes: )

I will ask him next time I speak to him, and if I remain sober during the conversation I will endeavour to let you know... blush.gif:yes:

ok mace cheers mate,btw ive been to bidds many moons ago when mr evison was running it,great venue

ian

Social source share

ok mace cheers mate,btw ive been to bidds many moons ago when mr evison was running it,great venue

ian

I co-promoted Bidds with Dave Evison at that time, I also used to run Alsager with him and Gary Taylor.

Dave decided he'd had enough with Bidds, so I carried it on, and pushed the policy towards the rarer stuff.

It is indeed a great venue, ideal for the allnighter scene :wicked:

Hope you can come visit again sometime :wicked:

Edited by Mace
Social source share

• 2 years later...

Yes Mace-You did have a conversation with me about Amanda Love. She is also known as Amanda Humphrey(Power Of Love)

thanks for the info.was looking for a bit more info on the artist herself if anybody has any
Social source share

Guest Dante

Freaking great record indeed. I'll have a listen to the B-Side.

It reminds me of Dianne Elliot - When He Speaks, wich is, if possible, 234.87 times better :lol:

Edited by Dante
Social source share

Guest DonnaD

It's not necessarily good. It is bonkers. Bite me, Scratch me, Whip me on my thrupenny bits type S&M song.

A few people who I know do like it though. Usually those with an inclination toward Popcorn.

This 45 was issued on Starville first and then on Chess.

Was played a bit in London a few years ago but never really took off.

Rowly's got one.

Tha's all I know about her.

I've got one - you gave it to me :thumbup:

xxx

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert