Manships Mints

Okehdownsouth

Some really nice records from JM this time a round but did some of them go a tad cheap?

Tony Middleton for £359, Christine Copper for £137, Judy Street £361 looked very cheap compared to some other sales in the past 12 months. Tobi Legend was a bit over the top at £910 but where will you ever find a stone mint unplayed copy?

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

2 hours ago, Okehdownsouth said:

Some really nice records from JM this time a round but did some of them go a tad cheap?

Tony Middleton for £359, Christine Copper for £137, Judy Street £361 looked very cheap compared to some other sales in the past 12 months. Tobi Legend was a bit over the top at £910 but where will you ever find a stone mint unplayed copy?

Not Christine Cooper, it was Janie Grant I think. But, having said that, I agree with your point.

Probably because he had nearly 30 records up for auction today (twice as many as usual), and also because his page for 'this week' also included many others which are finishing this Sunday.

Maybe an illustration of the 'less is more' philosophy, in reverse of course.

Cheers, Peter

Social source share

Peter

Sorry about the Christine Cooper/Janie Grant confusion, just a reflection of my age and impending permanent downward path to complete senility!

I totally agree with what you are saying about the number of records, he sold a few unplayed minters for me a earlier in the year and split them up over a couple of months and the results were staggering!  

Social source share

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 21:31, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

Just blissful watching this auction unfold. My Christmas present came in below book value and I regret not going for Earl Jackson now. Flabbergasted by the Tobi Legend price but such a great track and in unbeatable condition. There will be a few more happy collectors on Christmas Day regardless of the prices achieved.

Earl Jackson finishes on Tuesday 22nd December

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert