Known/semi-known/or unknown

Guest melandthensome

Guest melandthensome

I have been digging out some old 45s and tapes etc over the last few days and heres a few of them I dont know if there known well but no doubt the fine collectors on here will certainly know most.........

Bobby Harris-Mr success-Mr Sticky sticky on Shout records 203

top side slow southern type soulful vocals with a uptempo flip side.

A Bert Berns production.

Buddy Lamp-Im comin home-promised land on ABC-Paramount records 10398

good RnB choon but will be well known on here.

Roy Hytower-Must be love-love that girl of mine on Expo records a good uptempo sound with great female chorus and soulful.Number 103

Jimmy Gresham

and the Gibson Kings

have 2 45s on the Kitty Label number 1-005/6 with 'now that I have you-nobody knows the trouble Ive seen......nice 60's L.A. bluesy/RnB sounding choon.

and on Kitty Records no.1008/9

another in the same vein as above with 'take me too-aint that love'

will stopthere as I know somebody is gonna tell me these are all so well known that I am a boring sod........

anyway have loads of stuff in one form or another if anyones out there........LOL

Cheerio

Mel and the SK n F's...............ho ho. :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have been digging out some old 45s and tapes etc over the last few days and heres a few of them I dont know if there known well but no doubt the fine collectors on here will certainly know most.........

Bobby Harris-Mr success-Mr Sticky sticky on Shout records 203

top side slow southern type soulful vocals with a uptempo flip side.

A Bert Berns production.

Buddy Lamp-Im comin home-promised land on ABC-Paramount records 10398

good RnB choon but will be well known on here.

Roy Hytower-Must be love-love that girl of mine on Expo records a good uptempo sound with great female chorus and soulful.Number 103

Jimmy Gresham

and the Gibson Kings

have 2 45s on the Kitty Label number 1-005/6 with 'now that I have you-nobody knows the trouble Ive seen......nice 60's L.A. bluesy/RnB sounding choon.

and on Kitty Records no.1008/9

another in the same vein as above with 'take me too-aint that love'

will stopthere as I know somebody is gonna tell me these are all so well known that I am a boring sod........

anyway have loads of stuff in one form or another if anyones out there........LOL

Cheerio

Mel and the SK n F's...............ho ho.
:thumbsup:

Bobby Harris 'Mr Success" classic deep soul, great record. Don't know any of the others...................honest!

Cheers Paul

PS Sorry forgot to say, not a rare one.

Edited by soul shrews
Social source share

Guest melandthensome

Thanks chaps....

well as I am still a bit pissed after the pathetic effort from Shitty Everton I am now posting a few more......

Pat Hodges-playgirl-surprise party on Keymen records 107

not a bad 45 with a good girl chorus backing up the female vocals etc with strings etc.

Lorenzo Holden with a fair uptempo 60's LA bluesy/soul instrumental

which has a good Sax backing band on it a nice guitar solo plus all sorts of things flying in like flutes and organ.

Titked 'the wig' good job its an inst then.......LOL.....it is on the Cee-jam Logo number 1 with the flip titled 'the days of wine and roses' and this is more of a jazz number.

Reggie Hall-'shoo fly' and 'please,please phone' cut on the New Orleans 45 of White Cliffs records 255 or there a bouts.

Real good 60's RnB choon-er-oo-nee.Has good all round backing.

Brenda jo Harris on Better records number 101/2

with the top side being a nice slow soulful track titled 'she'll snatch him' with Saxes/brass band and strings.

The flip is titled 'the other side of love is hate' and this is a nice uptempo number.

Thats all 4 now folks........... :thumbsup: mel-the blue-nosed-phet faced-soulful-etc etc........LOL

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

Come on guys any feedback then.......

anyway heres a few more.

prince harold-baby youve got me with forget about me on the flip on Mercury records 72621.

flip side is a nice slow soulful number with a good female back-up.

The top side is a good old 4 bests to the bar 60's uptempo mover.Now we all know prince harold.

On the Kedlan record logo number 2006

is a good very early 60's shuffler with a full sax band behind and vocals etc this side is titled 'I dare you baby' and man its a bluesy shuffler all the way through.

Flip-side is titled 'I need you baby'

and this is a good bluesy RnB number.

Artist is Jimmy(tender)Hart.

maybe a few more sometime....... :thumbsup:

Social source share

which has a good Sax backing band on it a nice guitar solo plus all sorts of things flying in like flutes and organ.

Titked 'the wig' good job its an inst then.......LOL.....it is on the Cee-jam Logo number 1 with the flip titled 'the days of wine and roses' and this is more of a jazz number.

Been massive on the Mod scene for years.

Social source share

prince harold-baby youve got me with forget about me on the flip on Mercury records 72621.

flip side is a nice slow soulful number with a good female back-up.

The top side is a good old 4 bests to the bar 60's uptempo mover.Now we all know prince harold.

Think I've got a UK Mercury issue of this somewhere.

Social source share

Thanks chaps....

well as I am still a bit pissed after the pathetic effort from Shitty Everton I am now posting a few more......

Pat Hodges-playgirl-surprise party on Keymen records 107

not a bad 45 with a good girl chorus backing up the female vocals etc with strings etc.

Reggie Hall-'shoo fly' and 'please,please phone' cut on the New Orleans 45 of White Cliffs records 255 or there a bouts.

Real good 60's RnB choon-er-oo-nee.Has good all round backing.

Brenda jo Harris on Better records number 101/2

with the top side being a nice slow soulful track titled 'she'll snatch him' with Saxes/brass band and strings.

The flip is titled 'the other side of love is hate' and this is a nice uptempo number.

Thats all 4 now folks........... :yes: mel-the blue-nosed-phet faced-soulful-etc etc........LOL

Hi Mel

Playgirl - Pat Hodges -

6697 refosoul Keymen_K-107a.jpg

During one of my many trips to Soul Bowl, the day I bought stuff like "Gotta Be A False Alarm", "She's Puttin' You On" on Harthon.

This little beauty caught my attention, I instantly liked It & I bought It with the same expectations as the others.

Both Sides - Written By; Fred Smith - Arranged By; James Carmichael - Produced By; Bob Relf - :lol:

However, although It did find It's way on to a Goldmine CD, It never seemed to get the mention, that the others have..

I still like It, and think It should be played more. A nice record for the collection. :shades:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest melandthensome

Thanks 45 cellar

and everyone else heres a few more......

William Hunt on Streamside Records 100 with 'would you believe and my baby wants to dance' top side slow with a good RnB uptempo flip to it.

2 goodies from the well known Jimmy Hughes on Fame records on fame 6403 'try me and lovely ladies' two good sides topside a nice slow southern soul side with a great uptempo other side.

also by jimmy on fame 6407 'it was nice' and 'goodbye my lover goodbye' nice medium and good southern uptempo soul.

Lyn johnson-'baby please/wicked woman'-My Time Records number 641

top side a good LA Blues choon with the uptempo RnB flip featuring good saxes and male vocals.

The jolly jax on Airmaster 601 a philly logo with good uptempo 60's RnB vocals etc.Tracks are 'things are tough' and 'pony shuffle'

Bobby john backed by Ike Turner with 'lonely soldier' and 'the bad man' on Sony records 111 great falsetto vocals with great 60's RnB saxes/piano and uptempo.

Al Johnson-Burt records 4001 'soul time/sittin'around' more good uptempo southern soul and mid-tempo soul.

also by Al johnson on South Camp records7002

'bless your sweet little soul/love waits for no man' 2 nice slow and medium tempo styled southern choons.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!