Willie Hightower or not?

Just dug out an old cd entitled Des Parker and Carl Fortnum Albrighton 20/11/89...Carl introduces a track as Willie Hightower  We're in love...been trying to find it without success...anybody got an idea?..no tracklisting with the cd hence the enquiry...or was is it a c/u?

Cheers

Rob

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

On 18/06/2019 at 21:53, ROBNEWBURY said:

Just dug out an old cd entitled Des Parker and Carl Fortnum Albrighton 20/11/89...Carl introduces a track as Willie Hightower  We're in love...been trying to find it without success...anybody got an idea?..no tracklisting with the cd hence the enquiry...or was is it a c/u?

Cheers

Rob

Rob I'm in touch with Carl I'll see if he can shed more light on it 

Social source share

59 minutes ago, Speedlimit said:

OK willie hightower was a cover up it was infact  little Bob 'were in love' la louisiana the other side was covered  as

Johnny McCAll ' Mr heartache 

Many thanks for that mate...much appreciated.

Some great tunes on there in particular three I can't place...all at the beginning of Carl's set...The Devotions? Charles Bradley? and one called 'All my life'(I think)

Anyway thanks again and pass my thanks to Carl

Social source share

34 minutes ago, ROBNEWBURY said:

Many thanks for that mate...much appreciated.

Some great tunes on there in particular three I can't place...all at the beginning of Carl's set...The Devotions? Charles Bradley? and one called 'All my life'(I think)

Anyway thanks again and pass my thanks to Carl

Charles Brandy? I Can’t Get Enough?

Devotions Do Do De Dop or something like that?

All My Life, Ringleaders?

Social source share

14 hours ago, Speedlimit said:

No problem mate 

Sorry to bother again and I'm probably pushing my luck but Carl played two female vocals at beginning of set (just after Jon Tee ) if you speak to him again...introduced as first time out from Detroit...powerful backing to both...anyway here's hoping.) Will even send cd if necessary....be great to get the track listing

Cheers

Rob

Social source share

1 hour ago, Soul Inc said:

I think I probably played Jon Tee (You Made A Lover Out Of Me) so it may have been a couple of things I played at the time - The Detroit thing may have been "Jan Foreman - Your Last Chance" 

Des

Yep that was it Des!...you must have played the track after that as well then..belter!....Hope you're keeping well !ate...wish I had the track list.

Best

Rob Sawetz

Social source share

1 hour ago, Soul Inc said:

I think I probably played Jon Tee (You Made A Lover Out Of Me) so it may have been a couple of things I played at the time - The Detroit thing may have been "Jan Foreman - Your Last Chance" 

Des

Just listened to cd again and it's the track immediately after Jan Foreman and immediately before Ray Agee that I'm after

Cheers

ATB Rob

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!