Al Hunter

This is an artist i am not very clued up about as i only own the One record by him and can not find any other releases on this label

'SOUND OF CHICAGO' (SOC) SOC1189v ( Voc. &  Instrumental)  Has been a regular play at home over the last few weeks to the point it has become a Firm Favourite

after Languishing on my shelves for many years, can only think it would have been a new release purchase but can't say when as no release date on the label 

but it is a Wonderful Soulful Record of the highest order IMHO,Arranged by Willie Henderson no less, Produced by Ken Neal, Al Hunter, F Watson,

Exec Producer D Fitzpatrick. The Song Early Morning Written By L. Simon. Made me smile as it says under Al Hunters name,  BIG "AL" The Ladies Pal.

So Here it Is, i hope you enjoy it as much as i do and maybe some one knows more about him and the label as i do.

Social source share

1 hour ago, Rick Scott said:

This is an artist i am not very clued up about as i only own the One record by him and can not find any other releases on this label

'SOUND OF CHICAGO' (SOC) SOC1189v ( Voc. &  Instrumental)  Has been a regular play at home over the last few weeks to the point it has become a Firm Favourite

after Languishing on my shelves for many years, can only think it would have been a new release purchase but can't say when as no release date on the label 

but it is a Wonderful Soulful Record of the highest order IMHO,Arranged by Willie Henderson no less, Produced by Ken Neal, Al Hunter, F Watson,

Exec Producer D Fitzpatrick. The Song Early Morning Written By L. Simon. Made me smile as it says under Al Hunters name,  BIG "AL" The Ladies Pal.

So Here it Is, i hope you enjoy it as much as i do and maybe some one knows more about him and the label as i do.

Rick -here's another for you by Al...

https://www.discogs.com/Al-Hunter-Black-Lady/release/3970222

go listen here to Bob's show -https://sittinginthepark.com/interviews/soundsofblackness-8-13-2006.mp3

image.png.cdfeed7bfedc27d6d054aea2c88f2aca.png

Edited by Kenb
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

Thanks to KENB & TheYank, Very Much Appreciated for your Info so far you Guys, The Bobs Show The Sound Of Blackness Interview very interesing and strange when i put a search in for Al Hunter on Discogs it only brought up the Single I Have so what's going on there is a mystery

Rick 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!