Remember The Soulful Reggae Thread?

Pete S

• Replies 5
  • Views 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I remember Mark Lamarr played this on his reggae show a few months ago (I think) and I was really surprised at how good it is.

Incidently, Pete given your knowledge of reggae, ska etc how do you rate Mark Lamarr? He seems extremely knowledgable to me and I know he is not everbody's cup of tea, but he does seem to play some racking and obscure stuff on his show.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I remember Mark Lamarr played this on his reggae show a few months ago (I think) and I was really surprised at how good it is.

Incidently, Pete given your knowledge of reggae, ska etc how do you rate Mark Lamarr? He seems extremely knowledgable to me and I know he is not everbody's cup of tea, but he does seem to play some racking and obscure stuff on his show.

Scuse me while I butt in here, Pete (and Jaco). I know Mark reasonably well and he'd be quick to tell you that he's an enthusiast first and foremost. But he does know a lot about all forms of Jamaican music, and I'd rather hear him presenting a radio show full of it than anyone else who gets regular work from the BBC.

Social source share

Scuse me while I butt in here, Pete (and Jaco). I know Mark reasonably well and he'd be quick to tell you that he's an enthusiast first and foremost. But he does know a lot about all forms of Jamaican music, and I'd rather hear him presenting a radio show full of it than anyone else who gets regular work from the BBC.

Feel free to butt in anytime Tone, I would never profess to be anywhere near an expert like you obviously are (sorry thats not meant to be sycophantic or sarcastic), I just know what I know which is just about enough to get by! I enjoy all of Mark Lamarr's shows except when he sits in for J Ross and talks and talks for too long, helped by someone (usually Jo Brand). Although I think he may be a tightwad, I offered him my entire ska collection 2 years back and he wanted to cherry pick, I said no and that was that..

Social source share

Strange but true..I was out with Ms Jo Wallace last night at a local Malaysian noodle place and suddenly this was playing on a Harleden radio station they had on. Jo started jumping up and down ! Really nice record that.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert