Amp Connection advice...anyone ??

Billy Jo Jim Bob

Hi 

I just bought a Technics SU-VX500 (with mono setting) to replace the old NAD 3120.

Connections from the amp to the speakers were via banana plugs into the amp sockets on the back of the NAD. It seems the Technics amp will not take the banana plug connections. I saw a glimpse of an old Technics manual on line (a bit unreadable) and it said just to use speaker wire as I read it.  Is this correct does anyone know ? 

Alternatively is there a different connection the amp will take (and also speakers) ?

Bit of a novice at all this stuff.

Attached a photo of the back of the amp for reference.

Thanks for any assistance

Andy

Amp front.JPG

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Yes just unscrew some the red and black plastic knobs and twist your naked speaker's wires around the rod and tight them there by screwing back the red and black plastic knobs.

That should do. Banana plugs are neat and easy. I love them too. But all your speaker's wire need is good contact. Hopefully check if the rods behind the R&B knobs are not corroded.

If so spray some contact cleaners on them and scratch them with some steel wool. If ever you find to prefer the sound of your NAD there are other ways to add an external MONO switch.

What do you mean 'alternatively' different connection the amp will take ? Like other ways to connect speakers to it ?

(and also speakers) ? That's even more mysterious to me. You want to swap for other speakers ?

Edited by Tlscapital
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert