Intentions / Capitals

I'm losing your love on Uptight and I got to handle it on Karen.

Am i dreaming it or are these tunes the same..Virtually identical lyrics, with the exception of the titles and same tune. Anyone know if there's a connection here, Losing your love credits Gary Russel as being the writer, I haven't got the Capitals 45, can anyone shed any light on this?

Edited by ShorterSoul
Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Am i dreaming it or are these tunes the same..Virtually identical lyrics, with the exception of the titles and same tune. Anyone know if there's a connection here, Losing your love credits Gary Russel as being the writer, I haven't got the Capitals 45, can anyone shed any light on this?

I would hope not - The Intentions is one of my key spins at the moment!

Social source share

heres a scan of the capitols showing 'Browner' as the writer

post-1086-1180020420_thumb.jpg

post-1086-1180020420_thumb.jpg

Social source share

NAA DEFINITELY NOT THE SAME :boxing: ............ :unsure: ...............CAPITOLS IS MILES BETTER :huh:

Social source share

Well, tickle my ass with a feather...........just played it, and you're right - they are one and the same track!

The Intentions version doesn't contain the "Handle it" hook but, apart from that, it is most certainly a cover of The Capitols. The composer on the Intentions is Gary Russell, who may well now be accused of plagiarism! There would be about 2 years difference in between the two cuts; the Capitols version dates from 1966, and I'm pretty sure that the Intentions version comes from 1968.

I do believe this was the line-up of the Intentions that featured Dennis Brennan. But maybe it's not such a good idea to ask him about it! :rolleyes:

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

We covered this some time back, this group of Intentions were from Pennsylvania (is my spelling ok?),but different from the Harthon Intentions, and nought to do with the Chicago/St. Louis Intentions/Intensions/Mandells and this Uptight label related to Bar-Clay and likely that this Intentions were also the Traditions, I did have an email from the label owners son stating this.

:rolleyes:

Social source share

We covered this some time back, this group of Intentions were from Pennsylvania (is my spelling ok?),but different from the Harthon Intentions, and nought to do with the Chicago/St. Louis Intentions/Intensions/Mandells and this Uptight label related to Bar-Clay and likely that this Intentions were also the Traditions, I did have an email from the label owners son stating this.

:rolleyes:

same group did a superb choon on phillips

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/sounds/exists...THAT_I_LOVE_YOU

Social source share

shades.gif

The chicago intensions (with an s) are from the west side of chicago, and are different from the mandells, who are also from the west side of Chicago. The carpets are from kansas city. Just filling in some details. There's no st. louis involved. Thanks.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert