Jerry Butler

Guest D'Arcy

Guest D'Arcy

Jerry Butler - " You Don't Know What You Got Till You Loose It"

Heard this for the first time this evening, can anybody furnish me with any info on this track please.

Ta muchly.

D'Arcy

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It was released on the Lp The Iceman and as a single.

Details from the LP

Jerry Ross Production Recorded at Bell Sound Studios New York. November 22 1966.

Released on Soul Artistry (SR 61105) in January 1967.

Released June 1967 as B side of The Way I Love You and December 1967 as B side of Lost.

HTH

Peter

Social source share

if your a jerry fan check out go away find yourself [the flip to moody women]deep soul at its very best imho,one of the best coolest voices ever thumbsup.gif

BAZ A.

One of my JB faves is 'I Dig You Baby' bw 'Some Kinda Magic' its records like this that make it all worth while.............listening to it now & the goose bumps have come up...........cant wait to hear this over a massive system in a venue..........'spect the tumble weeds will be blowing across the dancefloor as I make a dash for the back door before I can be lynched for clearing the dancefloor with records that arnt 'Norvern' :thumbsup: ...............fcuck em........tis soulful dance music, you either get it or you dont.

Feeling the soul.............Russ

Social source share

Hello.

I am a Jerry Butler fan from my teens, when I purchased my first JB album, a spanish Aligator - licensed by Vee Jay compilatin with the masterpiece "I'm Telling You". Despite the fact I am also a Gamble-Huff-Bell fan (and apreciate the Mercury and PIR JB productions by them), my favorite JB stuff is Motown's two albums "Suite For The Single Girl" (and my fave track, "Music In My Dreams") and "Love's On The Menu", with Lionel Ritchie's mellow "This Is Your Life". Here he sounds not deep enough but alike Tom Jones, but I love the songs and the feeling...

Social source share

IMHO , STOP STEPPIN ON MY DREAMS off THE SPICE OF LIFE album is also pure Mr Butler magic

HAVE ONE OF THESE LP,S FOR SALE £25.00 INCLUDING P&P IN THE UK

ALSO CHECK HIS ORIG VERSION OF"AWARE OF LOVE " ON VEEJAY B SIDE OF MOON RIVER, THIS IS THE SAME AS THE EMBERS ON `EEE` thumbsup.gif

STEVE T

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert