• Replies 7
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

hi,

does anyone know when they started to press bootlegs too at monarch´s? anyone a year/ number, what was the first pressed bootleg there?

I thought this would be an easy question to answer but it's proven otherwise, but the first ones I can find are Simon Soussan's Soul Galore boots in 1975 (and related ones like Vicki Nelson, Eula Cooper, Capreez)

Social source share

thanks Pete, it seems that nobody really can say this one or that one was the first bootleg on Monarchs, but in a little of trust in what´s to read about Monarch´s on Dave Flynn´s Anoraks Corners and John Manships lines about in his bootleg guide, should there no boot was pressed before 69. But the proper reason why I asked for, was the label design of this Broadway disc below. A few times when I played it out, a couple of people looked on it and asked doubtfully "what´s that, a bootleg?", because it looks quite different to the more common east coast design, but it has the usually MR in a ring stamped, is vinyl pressed and has the delta number 63159 and seems to me (hopefully) to be an original press from ´66.

post-8478-1181687795_thumb.jpg

Social source share

thanks Pete, it seems that nobody really can say this one or that one was the first bootleg on Monarchs, but in a little of trust in what´s to read about Monarch´s on Dave Flynn´s Anoraks Corners and John Manships lines about in his bootleg guide, should there no boot was pressed before 69. But the proper reason why I asked for, was the label design of this Broadway disc below. A few times when I played it out, a couple of people looked on it and asked doubtfully "what´s that, a bootleg?", because it looks quite different to the more common east coast design, but it has the usually MR in a ring stamped, is vinyl pressed and has the delta number 63159 and seems to me (hopefully) to be an original press from ´66.

Hi Andreas

Another good find, if you look at the scans from the recent thread, I think that you will find that your copy is OK

Check this out >>> LINK <<< Your Copy Looks like a Rare West Coast Monarch Original to me. :thumbsup:

If you look at "BLAKE H" copy this copy was the subject of that thread and was proved to be 100% Original, Rarest Format.

post-2596-1179478969_thumb.jpg

post-2596-1179478969_thumb.jpg

Many thanks

Blake

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

I think the lowest Monarch boots were around 90000 - as Pete says mid 70s. There are also some originals with higher Monarch numbers just to confuse matters.

Social source share

well, many thanks guys :rolleyes: now I can go on to play it out without to get sweaty hands :thumbsup:

btw. I bought it as mint copy for an very good price nearly two years ago on ebay. I was the only bidder and got it for the start price, but I´m sure, if there was been offered the more common east coast press at that time, a handful of more bids were set on it :P

cheeeeers, andreas

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

I think you'll find that they were booting do-wop 45's in the early sixtes, the soul scene didn't invent boots.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert