Ambiguous Listings

Pete S

I'm amazed at the tactics employed here...if this person doesn't know the difference between a pressing and an original despite being a dealer for years then there's something up...and it ends with the pretty insulting "it's not a fortune is it?" well yeah it is if you pay £49 for a £5 pressing.

https://cgi.ebay.com/NORTHERN-SOUL-ROTATION...1QQcmdZViewItem

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm amazed at the tactics employed here...if this person doesn't know the difference between a pressing and an original despite being a dealer for years then there's something up...and it ends with the pretty insulting "it's not a fortune is it?" well yeah it is if you pay £49 for a £5 pressing.

Agree with you Pete but then I'm just about to list a Pages 45 on the bay and I don't know if it's a boot or not! Got the guides, read through an old thread on here about it and I'm still not sure...but the listing will have a photograph and full matrix info so at least that way round people can look and decide for themselves.

Adam.

Social source share

Agree with you Pete but then I'm just about to list a Pages 45 on the bay and I don't know if it's a boot or not! Got the guides, read through an old thread on here about it and I'm still not sure...but the listing will have a photograph and full matrix info so at least that way round people can look and decide for themselves.

Adam.

Adam if you were not sure you would post it up on here for comment- come on play the white man!

What you have said is they can decide for themselves is not good enough- you are a dealer you fully research before you put up! your credibility is at stake here!

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

Pete the person is being very devious here because he is not posting a pic but has posted lots of pics before

Name & shame please this person is absolutely trying it on!

But I appreciate your position not to!

Social source share

Adam if you were not sure you would post it up on here for comment- come on play the white man!

What you have said is they can decide for themselves is not good enough- you are a dealer you fully research before you put up! your credibility is at stake here!

Ernie,

I did spend a good couple of hours researching it. The record in question is Pages - Heartaches & Pain. There was a thread on soul source about it a while ago where people were discussing how to spot an origina/reissue. Even after reading through that I'm still not sure. I didn't think it was worth starting a new thread on it as the other thread went into plenty of detail.

When it goes on ebay I will give all the matrix info, label colour, print clarity etc and of course a picture so people can see the 45 for themselves. Yes, I am a dealer and feel that I've researched this as much as possible. IMO as long as I'm totally upfront with the auction and supply all the information possible for buyers to see then I don't see how my credibility can be questioned.

Adam.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert