Digging, Digging, Digging

Just done an exhaustive few hours but found some tremendous records along the way. So does anyone know these? I presume someone will but just interested if they've ever been on anyone's radar........

post-9434-1208044102_thumb.jpgpost-9434-1208044123_thumb.jpg

post-9434-1208044158_thumb.jpgpost-9434-1208044204_thumb.jpg

post-9434-1208044235_thumb.jpgpost-9434-1208044278_thumb.jpg

It's exhausting playing through stuff though innit? I'm knackered LOL....

Ian D :rolleyes:

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Love the Honey Cone and Originals 45s Ian got promos of both. Think they're both pretty well known.

Don't know any of the others

Cheers Paul

The Andre Brasseur is a quite dated straight Northern instrumental - quite weird but definitely got something about it.

The Casey & The Pressure Group is a GREAT handclapper and in my day would have been a HUGE instrumental. Never seen it before or since.

The Sensational Williams Brothers is straight Northern slightly messy Gospelly type stormer - once again never seen it around.

The Rhodes, Chalmers & Rhodes is simply a irresistible mid-tempo stormer - produced by Rick Hall. Some exceptional vocals and a straight-floorfiller IMO......

I figured the Honey Cone and Originals would be quite well-known but great records nonetheless. I've got a load of what I think could be 'crossover' which I'll stick up shortly - I'm still learning my way around it LOL......

Ian D :ohmy:

Social source share

The Andre Brasseur is a quite dated straight Northern instrumental - quite weird but definitely got something about it.

The Casey & The Pressure Group is a GREAT handclapper and in my day would have been a HUGE instrumental. Never seen it before or since.

The Sensational Williams Brothers is straight Northern slightly messy Gospelly type stormer - once again never seen it around.

The Rhodes, Chalmers & Rhodes is simply a irresistible mid-tempo stormer - produced by Rick Hall. Some exceptional vocals and a straight-floorfiller IMO......

I figured the Honey Cone and Originals would be quite well-known but great records nonetheless. I've got a load of what I think could be 'crossover' which I'll stick up shortly - I'm still learning my way around it LOL......

Ian D :wicked:

Rhodes Chalmers and Rhodes were backup singers on most of the al green (and other artist) hi stuff

Social source share

Ian D :shades:

===

honeycone is double a on demo but issue has sharon cash on it called the truth will come out - ex wigan spin from minshull - gr8 70's...

Social source share

Ian D :lol:

Casey & the pressure Group is quite common and got played in Blow Up type clubs in the 90s, goes for about £15. They were a Dutch group who also did a storming version of Comin Home Baby on an LP and very elusive Dutch only 45.

Social source share

Casey & the pressure Group is quite common and got played in Blow Up type clubs in the 90s, goes for about £15. They were a Dutch group who also did a storming version of Comin Home Baby on an LP and very elusive Dutch only 45.

Yeah, it sounds like 'Blow Up' thing really. It's amazing how much of that stuff I'm finding on my shelves. The reason I always kept it is 'cos I just liked the look of it! It looks GREAT! Who could resist that LOL......

Cheers Mik.

Ian D :thumbsup:

Social source share

Yeah, it sounds like 'Blow Up' thing really. It's amazing how much of that stuff I'm finding on my shelves. The reason I always kept it is 'cos I just liked the look of it! It looks GREAT! Who could resist that LOL......

Cheers Mik.

Ian D :thumbsup:

====

keep em coming ian!!

Social source share

====

keep em coming ian!!

Next load coming up shortly mate - just another 100 or so to wade through today. I'm actually dividing up a lot of stuff because predictably I've got lots of oddball gear. I seem to have a lot of early 80's stuff which they collect over in France and Belgium and I'm finding enough to keep that scene going for another few years LOL....

It's been a bit slow on the Northern/Crossover side but I'm still finding some interesting gear. Best thing today? A Garland Green double-sider on Spring which I never realised was so good........

Ian D :unsure:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!