Help Needed

Hi Gang,

The Hitsville Project I am currently working on has thrown up an opportunity. There is media/TV/video interest and I have been asked by the production company involved if I can help in locating any Northern Soul artists who live in the SE states with a view to them participating in a documentary about the "music America is now rediscovering". Interviews and the like.

It would seem a shame to pass up a chance to get some exposure for the artists we love and so....if anyone has any artist contacts in the SE States and would like to see them given a push then please email me the details. Royalties and residuals are available. Any new product etc would be given a platform too eh? :thumbsup:

Any info boys and girls???

Regards,

Dave

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Dave, I remember once coming across a website which was basically a booking agency for 'oldies' artists and there were tons of soul acts on there, unfortunately I can only remember Little Anthony and I can't remember the site, but what I was going to suggest is try searching for a few booking agency sites and you might well find someone.

Social source share

Hi Gang,

The Hitsville Project I am currently working on has thrown up an opportunity. There is media/TV/video interest and I have been asked by the production company involved if I can help in locating any Northern Soul artists who live in the SE states with a view to them participating in a documentary about the "music America is now rediscovering". Interviews and the like.

It would seem a shame to pass up a chance to get some exposure for the artists we love and so....if anyone has any artist contacts in the SE States and would like to see them given a push then please email me the details. Royalties and residuals are available. Any new product etc would be given a platform too eh?  :thumbsup:

Any info boys and girls???

Regards,

Dave

link

I'd try Henry Stone, who has been reissuing CD's recently via his website, which unfortunately I do not have to hand....but a quick "Google" should get it.

Social source share

the 2 that come to mind is Barry Collins in Southend somewhere look's after a lot of good acts & is Lorraine Sylver's boyfriend....The other is Henry Sellers, Used to look after all the good Black Artists that used to tour & live here .....

Jon Buck

Social source share

the 2 that come to mind is Barry Collins in Southend somewhere look's after a lot of good acts & is Lorraine Sylver's boyfriend....The other is Henry Sellers, Used to look after all the good Black Artists that used to tour & live here .....

Jon Buck

link

I just noticed you Ment South East America not South East England.....I was thinking there aren't that many Soul Artists in the south-east of england.....

Sorry

Jon Buck

Edited by jonbuck
Social source share

Hi Gang,

I know Henry Stone and he will have some involvement in the Hitsville Project. Thanks for the tip Pete. Good idea, I'll get onto it.

I'm really looking for someone who is not "working" now but would be happy to pump some life into a story and maybe make a few shekels along the way. Come on guys..........you must know somebody. :lol:

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert