James Gadson

Kev Moore

I've recently noticed just how many times James Gadson appears on credits on various albums I have.

I always knew he was a drummer but until I bought some of his Hi singles I wasn't aware that he obviously has talents in many areas...writing.....arranging.....producing....and playing drums. Does anyone have any biog information about him. Or maybe a place I could find out more.

Cheers Kev

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've recently noticed just how many times James Gadson appears on credits on various albums I have.

I always knew he was a drummer but until I bought some of his Hi singles I wasn't aware that he obviously has talents in many areas...writing.....arranging.....producing....and playing drums. Does anyone have any biog information about him. Or maybe a place I could find out more.

Cheers Kev

he was originally from kansas city and a member of the original version of the carpets before he went to la

Social source share

Kev I just found this : James Gadson

I didn't know that his first recordings were with Dyke & The Blazers.

Yep I Googled that one. Seems his name is everywhere. Worked with some of the best. Not just as a drummer either. Worked a lot with Charles Wright, Bill Withers, Marvin Gaye, Aretha, Ray Charles, Lamont Dozier amoungst others.

was wondering if there might be a biography of his out there somewhere?

Kev

Social source share

also in (or at least wrote both sides of a single by) a k.c. group called the derbys: any old way/the huckster man. really good r&b. predates dyke and the blazers by several years, as i'm sure the carpets do as well. the article quoted in this thread is clearly wrong about that being the start of his musical career.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!