Majestics

Mike E

Below is a E Mail I have just received from Russ Robles, who is the son of Art Robles who wrote I love her so much. It was nice that he found some of the playlists on my website. And how nice and moving.

I noticed you guys play this song and have it on a few play lists. The Majestics was my Dad''s band, Art Robles who also wrote and sang the song. It is amazing to me that it is being played today in places all the way over in England. I just wanted to say hello adn hope you continue playing his song whic h he wrote about my Mom. If you have any video o fmy Dad''s song being played in a venue I woudl love to be able to see it on line somehow. Perhaps on YouTube or some other site. Please let me know if there is something out there like this as the rest of my family woudl love to see it too I am sure.

>

> Thanks again and God bless you!

>

> Russ Robles

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The Rampart is the same press as the Linda its the Warner Brothers that's the later one.

So a trio with a band, I did hear a young Barry White was in the band.?

Yeah but it was never released on Rampart (Majestics). Poster was quite cool though.

Barry White - he was certainly part of the group early on but I don't think he featured on this particular disc though.

Social source share

there ya go Mike, as promised :P

if you can send better focused pictures for me i'll re-do it for you. I will have a little time on my hands over next few days so should be able to get an improved version done fairly quickly :lol:

Edited by mikecook
Social source share

there ya go Mike, as promised :P

if you can send better focused pictures for me i'll re-do it for you. I will have a little time on my hands over next few days so should be able to get an improved version done fairly quickly :lol:

Thanks Mike. cannot understand re photo clarity as they are ok my end on my files. Also came out ok last time you did it. biggrin.gif

Social source share

Thanks Mike. cannot understand re photo clarity as they are ok my end on my files. Also came out ok last time you did it. :)

sussed it :(

if i take em straight off your site (as i did for this youtube vid) they are in Bitmap 125 x 94.

if i click on each individual one, they then open as Jpeg 600 x 450

give me a couple / three days Mike and i'll have it done with better focused pics :)

Social source share

The Rampart is the same press as the Linda its the Warner Brothers that's the later one.

So a trio with a band, I did hear a young Barry White was in the band.?

The Linda release was the first release (Majestics), and, according to the Delta matrix, dates from around Sept 1965.

David & Ruben on Rampart is a 1969 release, and appears to use the same stampers that were used for the Linda release three years prior to this. The Warner Bros release also dates from 1969 (which for some strange reason omits the excellent horn intro).

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

The Linda release was the first release (Majestics), and, according to the Delta matrix, dates from around Sept 1965.

David & Ruben on Rampart is a 1969 release, and appears to use the same stampers that were used for the Linda release three years prior to this. The Warner Bros release also dates from 1969 (which for some strange reason omits the excellent horn intro).

Also: David, Reuben and Art were all involved in all of the cuts of the record as well as the flip "girl of my dreams". They were all brotherds. The family are really chuffed about the interest in the record and I am in regular contact with Russ. Regrettably Art passed away , aged 56 in 1997. A great shame he not see the interest in his record.

I will be doing an article for Dave Moore in TTB early 2009 on the Majestics, especially this song.

Edited by Mike E
Social source share

Also: David, Reuben and Art were all involved in all of the cuts of the record as well as the flip "girl of my dreams". They were all brotherds. The family are really chuffed about the interest in the record and I am in regular contact with Russ. Regrettably Art passed away , aged 56 in 1997. A great shame he not see the interest in his record.

I will be doing an article for Dave Moore in TTB early 2009 on the Majestics, especially this song.

Just so happens to be my all-time fave for the past 26 years Mike! What a lovely note from Russ - such a shame Arthur died at such an early age.

Please pass my personal thanks to Russ when you chat to him - and I really mean that.

Gene

Social source share

Just so happens to be my all-time fave for the past 26 years Mike! What a lovely note from Russ - such a shame Arthur died at such an early age.

Please pass my personal thanks to Russ when you chat to him - and I really mean that.

Gene

Gene , will do and yes its the same record on Rampart. Russ and family are delighted, well thats an understatement, with the response to Arthurs(Arts) record.

Social source share

Gene , will do and yes its the same record on Rampart. Russ and family are delighted, well thats an understatement, with the response to Arthurs(Arts) record.

Family have seen the Utube video and one word describes their reaction "WOW". Bear in mind that the Northern Scene is new to a lot of Americans and others not even aware of it. Appreciate likes Of Des Parker taking it over to them in the likes of Pittsburgh.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert