ttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4724996142    :unsure:

link

Can't get the link to work. :yes:

Just search on 'Connie Clark', then read the sellers 'info'

Social source share

:yes:

ttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4724996142    :unsure:

link

I wonder if the seller has realised that it's a boot, and has therefore bid on it to avoid the embarrasment of "withdrawing" the item. I'd prefer that scenario to the one where someone has actually bid this amount for a pressing.

Social source share

What am I looking at Steve, I searched on connie clark but just found one seller, 'grease nipple records' of walsall  :yes:   bootleg, 99p

link

'The Bay' .com Pete.

Connie Clark bootleg with interesting narrative. :unsure:

post-1834-1115212377_thumb.jpg

Social source share

I told that bloke his black Connie Clark was a bootleg - apparently it isn't, and it'e worth loads of money :lol:

here's his reply...be nice if someone else could drop him a line because he obviously thinks I know fcuk all

>From: "mclark256@earthlink.net"

>Reply-To: "mclark256@earthlink.net"

>To: petesmithrecords@hotmail.com

>Subject: Re: Question for eBay item #4724996142 - CONNIE CLARK~RARE DETROIT NORTHERN SOUL~FRANK WILSON

>Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 08:58:27 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

>

>I think everybody has the year wrong on the yellow label that has written, Yellow label with Soul Galore on label is from the 80's not from the 70's. I believe only you have suggested that the yellow label is from the 70's. The Black and Silver label is hard to find nowadays. There is one on Gemm for $462.00 the more current press on Yellow label is on Gemm for $44.00. I would imagine a 1st press would fetch upwards of 600-800 pounds ($1,100-$1,500 US)

Social source share

I told that bloke his black Connie Clark was a bootleg - apparently it isn't, and it'e worth loads of money  :)

here's his reply...be nice if someone else could drop him a line because he obviously thinks I know fcuk all

>From: "mclark256@earthlink.net"

>Reply-To: "mclark256@earthlink.net"

>To: petesmithrecords@hotmail.com

>Subject: Re: Question for eBay item #4724996142 - CONNIE CLARK~RARE DETROIT NORTHERN SOUL~FRANK WILSON

>Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 08:58:27 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

>

>I think everybody has the year wrong on the yellow label that has written, Yellow label with Soul Galore on label is from the 80's not from the 70's. I believe only you have suggested that the yellow label is from the 70's.  The Black and Silver label is hard to find nowadays. There is one on Gemm for $462.00 the more current press on Yellow label is on Gemm for $44.00. I would imagine a 1st press would fetch upwards of 600-800 pounds ($1,100-$1,500 US)

link

I really don't know why we bother sometimes Pete - this guy obviously knows more than us....perhaps point him to the thread a week ago where you and I collectively explained the differences / deadwax numbers etc....still he'll probably tell us that's all wrong.... :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert