Ebay Dispute

Stevie

Have just received a record off ebay 'buy it now'.

USA Seller 100% (689)

Record described as M-

Arrived badly packed in two pieces of cardboard, vinyl cracked in 2 places and condition no better than vg+

Sellers feedback is good so assume this is a one off?

Contacted seller to ask for refund - this was his reply "Greetings....that record was in great shape,high gloss and not a mark on it,I even recorded both sides for myself....cracks apparently happened in shipping"

Have replied stating that I don't agree with grading and want refund but no reply received as yet.

Now we're not talking huge sums of money here but as a matter of principal I don't like being ripped off.

What do I do next if he remains unwilling to refund?

Do I open paypal dispute? Should I leave negative feedback, and if so when?

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

USA Seller 100% (689)

Record described as M-

Arrived badly packed in two pieces of cardboard, vinyl cracked in 2 places and condition no better than vg+

Contacted seller to ask for refund - this was his reply "Greetings....that record was in great shape,high gloss and not a mark on it,I even recorded both sides for myself....cracks apparently happened in shipping"

Have replied stating that I don't agree with grading and want refund but no reply received as yet.

Now we're not talking huge sums of money here but as a matter of principal I don't like being ripped off.

never leave a negative until you're sure the entire process is over as it effectively kills any possibility of the seller willingly giving you your money back and will make them vindictive and try harder to keep any process from getting you your money

Social source share

USA Seller 100% (689)

Record described as M-

Open a paypal dispute straight away and correspond with the seller through that, repeat anything you have already said to them so there is a record.

If you don't get anywhere, escalate the dispute to a claim for bad packaging and poor grading. Paypal may ask you to get a recognised record dealer to examine packaging and record and back up your claim.

If paypal find in your favour, you will then have to return the record, using a tracked postal service. When the tracking shows the record delivered you get your refund.

Don't worry about the neg feedback, you can leave it once you have escalated to a claim if you want, but unless the guy has loads it has very little effect and he'll just start trying to get it removed and use it as evidence of a stroppy buyer in the claim process.

Its a pain in the *rse but it does work.

Cheers

Paul

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!