Help

Guest bill storey

Guest bill storey

Hi All,

Here's my big ask, I know it may be awkward but I'm sure someone knows the answer.

I have heard a really nice late northern or early modern instrumental a few times over the last couple of years at various doo's in the North West ( Esp Grasshoppers). I didn't have the sense to ask at the time and I have tried using soul source to contact the dj but my perception of time and who's djing becomes slightly blurred with the effects of drinking and dancing.

I heared the same track on youtube and it was talked about in comments beneath the somewhere nighter dance comp video, someone say's it's disco soul, or soul disco by Brothers or could that be The Brothers? Well I have tried searcing the WWW and tried the ever infallable process of elimination but still no positive result. It's a great track I really want a copy, vinyl or cd even mp3 I really not bothered all I wanna do is listen to it.

Like I said a big ask but with all the experts on Soul Source I feel confident someone will have a positve answer for me.

Thanks So Much KTF Bill.S

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest bill storey

Joan, Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou..... Believe it or not as soon as I posted that i had a flash of inspiration so I went to refosoul and tried Brothers as a search only a few entries so I thought I'd listen. You are one hundred percent right, it seems I've been barking up the wrong tree. Now all I have to do is find it on 45 or cd. KTF Bill.S

Social source share

Hi All,

Here's my big ask, I know it may be awkward but I'm sure someone knows the answer.

I have heard a really nice late northern or early modern instrumental a few times over the last couple of years at various doo's in the North West ( Esp Grasshoppers). I didn't have the sense to ask at the time and I have tried using soul source to contact the dj but my perception of time and who's djing becomes slightly blurred with the effects of drinking and dancing.

I heared the same track on youtube and it was talked about in comments beneath the somewhere nighter dance comp video, someone say's it's disco soul, or soul disco by Brothers or could that be The Brothers? Well I have tried searcing the WWW and tried the ever infallable process of elimination but still no positive result. It's a great track I really want a copy, vinyl or cd even mp3 I really not bothered all I wanna do is listen to it.

Like I said a big ask but with all the experts on Soul Source I feel confident someone will have a positve answer for me.

Hi Bill,

The track you are talking about is by The Brothers and it is called "Are you ready for this" and it came out on USA RCA Victor as a single, it also came out the UK on a LP called "Disco Soul" on the People label, I have the LP and there are some great instrumentals on it of popular vocals.

There was also a vocal of "Are you ready for this" it is called "Get ready for this" by The Revelation on RSO.

Values I would say about £20 - £25 for the single and about £15 for the LP, it has been a popular sound for many years thus the demand for the single has been great which has forced the price up from what I would say is a £15 record.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Alan

Social source share

Guest bill storey

Thankyou all, what pleasure, having danced to this great tune on several occasions, then had it in my head all next day but having it allude me,' what torture' do you know what I mean when I say I was sat at my pc immersed in soul and covered in goosebumps when those heavenly first few beats came pouring outa' my speakers. Thankyou.

Alan

Social source share

Thankyou all, what pleasure, having danced to this great tune on several occasions, then had it in my head all next day but having it allude me,' what torture' do you know what I mean when I say I was sat at my pc immersed in soul and covered in goosebumps when those heavenly first few beats came pouring outa' my speakers. Thankyou.

Alan

PM sent re Brothers 45 - UK copy available in unplayed condition @ £20 - cheers - MRez

Social source share

Hi All,

Bill the best one by the Brothers is - Were you ready for that - from the Dont Stop album

Social source share

Guest bill storey

Thank again all, bought a copy yesterday after re-evaluating my spending capacity ( and watching wife buy a new ipod touch (32GB !!!)) Got an RCA demo version in ex condition no dought from one of you lucky helpers. thanks again Bill KTF

Social source share

Source Advert