Chalky

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

No not them two...

Gary Dean You Can Say and Gary Sole - Holdin' On.

Who first played 'em and where?

Re: GARY DEAN , first played by D J Butch , back end of the 80t's then I got one off Martin Koppel when he sold his bigger tunes on , via Tim Brown . Then about 18 months later Martin found two more copies , Gary Spencer got one and Nigel Parker got the other £800 each !! . Four known copies at that time 91/92 and as they say after that ... the rest is history , I hope thats helped ...

Social source share

Re: GARY DEAN , first played by D J Butch , back end of the 80t's then I got one off Martin Koppel when he sold his bigger tunes on , via Tim Brown . Then about 18 months later Martin found two more copies , Gary Spencer got one and Nigel Parker got the other £800 each !! . Four known copies at that time 91/92 and as they say after that ... the rest is history , I hope thats helped ...

I was playing it c/u (from a dub admittedly!) several months before Butch got it off Martin, 1988? first aired at the 100 club as "Freddie Chavez" Just to pad out the story a bit.

Social source share

I was playing it c/u (from a dub admittedly!) several months before Butch got it off Martin, 1988? first aired at the 100 club as "Freddie Chavez" Just to pad out the story a bit.

Sorry Tony , good on yer , but when I came up to the decks you told me it was " THEY'LL NEVER KNOW WHY " you bugger giving me duff info biggrin.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert