Does Size Matter

Rob Wigley

So here we go just HOW BIG is your collection ?

Our lad has just bought a new I pod thingy (his second) as he has 4,000 tunes on his first one.

This set me thinking about getting to the 4,000 Northern / rare mark took me about 15 years or so

Its took him 2 years-music daft now, but sadly only a smattering of soul amongst the Oasis / Killers/ Hendrix / Muse etc.

I will be shortly examining my collecting but its in the region of 15,000 45 s / pos 2,000 Albums / and another 1,000 CDs

so if you played everything there are possibly 70,000 tracks to listen to, obviously many duplicated on the CD s but still there.

So what's your opinion on size, I think mines too big, but its hard to part with a lot of them-however crap !

5 copies of Wayne Gibson for startersyes.giflaugh.gifcould whittle it down to 2

I'd like to run at about 1,000 45s but don't think I can.

Any thoughts ?

Rob

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Many aint gonna comment as people know where they live, ha ha.. Are you all insured.. Size means little to me now, sold so many, just keep what i like, aint gonna keep shite( imo) just for the sake of collecting...

Someone asked me the other day and I had no idea how big mine was :lol:

I know the collection is several thousand but I really have no idea at all - they are just all over the house - but tidy!

Doesn't matter if you know where I live - you would die if you tried to take 'em - Bruce Lee styleee ph34r.gif:lol:

Enough info on my 45s though for sure :yes:

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

I'd got mine down to about 1000 singles and a couple of hundred Lp's ....

..... but its started growing again

Don't tell my missus shhh.gif

I'm addicted to labels so there's tons of "Fillers" but over the years the "Slotters" and "Fillers" have turned up trumps thumbsup.gif

I think quality over quantity is ok--but how do you whittle down 300 odd Stax/ Volt etc ? most are worth a couple of quid with the "Nice" bits in there as well you have to have the lot !!!

pleased I have only got about 1,000 Motown / related 45s and never collected the label as suchlaugh.gif

Then there are the UK items.............ph34r.gif

trouble is I have a wants list as long as my arm....

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Social source share

Guest rosies dad

people always ask me "how many you got?" , but for years i never bothered counting, cos I was always adding to the collection anyway.

finally the last time we moved I thought "i got to get rid of some of this" and whittled it down to about 1,500 after getting rid of a fair chunk..by

now i've double the space where i keep them so i guess im about up to 2,500 or 3,000. mind you, i've only been collecting since the late 90's.

i'm still adding to them regularly but not as frequent as when i was a young bachelor on the go... i've got plenty to keep me entertained.

jacob

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!