Timi Yuro - It'll Never Be Over

Guest sportique

Guest sportique

I have just purchased a Audiodisc recording blank of Timi Yuro "It'll Never Be Over For Me" - it is a 8" acetate 2 sided with "Dolore" on the other side - I am really not sure what to make of it. I have seen other acetates of this song come up before but on Liberty labelled acetates.

Does anyone know anything about the origins of this Audiodisc record, i.e. is it original, if it is why would it be labels Audiodisc and not Liberty etc etc or any other details that may help me.

post-11447-0-76554500-1300887586_thumb.j

post-11447-0-17704100-1300887598_thumb.j

Edited by sportique
Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest sportique

Thanks for your help, the seller did list it as being a 10" acetate, but it is in fact a 8".

Also whilst looking at the above treads I noticed that the Liberty acetate also is stamped USA and not UK - all very strange!!

Social source share

take it you have listened/ timed the tracks to see if any diff than from the issued versions

the timi yuro website may be a worth a visit and owners may be able to help as it does have a lot of unissued stuff and would guess that your buy would be of interest

let us know how you get on

Social source share

Guest sportique

Not had a chance to listen to it yet, I will listen to it tonight and let you know.

I will have a look at the Timi Yuro website as well.

Thanks for your help

Social source share

From the scans at the time of the sale it looks like a fake IMO. Liberty wouldn't use audiodisc in new York especially being a west coast company. Delores is if memory serves me correctly a European release only, doubt it was done at same session as It'll Never Be Over For Me and therefore doubt it would be on same acetate.

If it was me I would file a claim. You could always be cheeky and use the size as an issue.

You can get acetates done at various places on the net.

Have you got it now? How new does it look? It looked pretty new from the scans.

Social source share

Guest sportique

Hi Chalky

Thanks for your response. The record arrived this morning so I have not had a chance to play it yet. It does not look that new, the writing on "It'll never be over" side is quite faded, and the label on "Dolore" is stained.

The seller stated that it was a "studio acetate", but the more information that I find on Audiodisc blanks the more I feel that it has been produced elsewhere.

Social source share

Here's a bit of info about audiodisc blanks. Just found it on a web page

Audiodiscs were available for all disc cutting devices: home or professional. They were basically well-made blanks...like any blank reel to reel or cassette tape and could be used by anybody with cutting equipment.

I've got a 8 inch audiodisc that looks the same as the yours, Willie & West - Get away from me girl on one side & Heartstoppers - Brainwashed by love on the other both LP tracks from different albums. I've always thought it was a carver from America.. Hope this helps Cressy

Social source share

Guest sportique

I have just played it, it plays at 45rpm and appears to be the standard version and at 2.52 I think it is the standard length. It does however start twice, the first bit is about 5 seconds long the a gap and the record starts - this has got to be from a home type studio where they messed up the beggining of the recording and started again. I think I will be sending it back. Thanks for all you input.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert