A Wee Puzzler

Hi,

I was going to post this in a previous thread on the same topic, but the thread has been locked.

I got a copy of this from a newly opened record shop a few years ago. It was in a pile of records that

they had just bought and I had first dibs thumbsup.gif

On the other thread it was advised that the original of this was on 'GSF' records released in 1973, and that the

originals has a stiff card sleeve.

Also that the re-release was in a gatefold sleeve, thinner card with the re-release

info, date etc. on the back, also on 'GSF' records.

I am puzzled because my copy fits the description of neither?

This copy is in a single sleeve (not gatefold), with a sticker on the front top centre, with track listings and info,

there is nothing whatsoever on the back of the sleeve just plain black.

The label is 'MMR' records (MMV-1011) and the label is black with a skull on the 'A' side,

and the inverse on the 'B' side, the label has the artist name and the label details.

can anyone please shed some light as to where this is from? I have searched the internet and cannot find

another the same, and no info at all on the label 'MMR', all you get is about the MMR jab? no.gif

Any help is appreciated

Thank you

Steve

P.S I should have added the this release is from 1994 as it states on the cover and label.

skull.jpg

Edited by steveLuigi
Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Adrian

Would be fairly sure its a reissue done for the hip hop crowd, even the sleeve looks like a 90's hip hop 12

Social source share

100% bootleg for the breaks crowd, i have one of these sitting around somewhere, it was sold in the independent shops at the time, probably just pressed 1000 or something. Certain it's a UK press as all the rest of the boots at the time were like the numerous funk/breaks white label comps with stickers on. value - a fiver. good pressing though!

cheers Sutty

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert