Kell Osbourne Interview

Chalky

• Replies 7
  • Views 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Any advice on how I can hear this now it's off line????

Cheers, Mark.

You can't now. The show went out on the 1st October, I found a link to the playl;ist when researching Kell for an article. I mailed the guy who did the interview, he gave me the guys address who puts the show out and he put the show up for me on a stream at three differnet times. Due to work I missed two and the first half hour of the third.

I have recorded it, when I get chance I'll convert it, ask for permission and maybe Mike can put it up on here for a while, it is nearly an hour and half long. I can maybe cut out the non Kell records too and reduce it a bit more.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

spoke to the guy who did the show he said it would be fine to put the show up as long as credit him. Dunno if Mike can put a show up 1.5 hours long :wicked: might be able to trim it down a bit :wicked:

Just a word that the full show has just been spotlighted in the frontpage soul people articles section

view soul people section here

thanks to Chalky for doing the main effort on this

Social source share

Chalky,

Really got to thank you for getting this Kell Osbourne together. I listened to the whole thing last night and enjoyed it thoroughly. Usually when these old singers get interviewed, they lose track of the details and dates. Although Kell wasn't always 100% right on everything, he was still pretty sharp and had a great personality. It's just a shame that the interviewer wasn't aware of Kell's popularity in the northern soul context. I would have like to have heard his reaction to statements about his relevance to the scene. It just killed me to hear stuff like "Quicksand" and have no mention of northern soul. Oh well...still was a great listen.

Thanks again for that. I really enjoyed it.

KTF

Jas

Do you happen to know if Kell Osbourne knows about northern soul and how much we all love his music?

Social source share

Chalky,

Really got to thank you for getting this Kell Osbourne together. I listened to the whole thing last night and enjoyed it thoroughly. Usually when these old singers get interviewed, they lose track of the details and dates. Although Kell wasn't always 100% right on everything, he was still pretty sharp and had a great personality. It's just a shame that the interviewer wasn't aware of Kell's popularity in the northern soul context. I would have like to have heard his reaction to statements about his relevance to the scene. It just killed me to hear stuff like "Quicksand" and have no mention of northern soul. Oh well...still was a great listen.

Thanks again for that. I really enjoyed it.

KTF

Jas

Do you happen to know if Kell Osbourne knows about northern soul and how much we all love his music?

If things go to plan I will hopefullyt be in touch with Kell pretty soon and then give him the third degree on his NS related releases and more hopefully :P Look out for the new LP on Universal, hopefully they will release it.

This all started with me do the Highland listing and it just went from there....started to compile Kell O's disocgraphy and it just keeps going :yes: One of the guys on SoulfulDetroit put me onto the shows playlist and I realised that he was a guest that day :P With a bit of pestering I managed to get the show streamed again :D ...pity I missed the first half hour which I guess covered the Primes early days prior to moving to Detroit :D Will let you know if I get any further.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert