Record Storage

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Previous thread, some of which could be useful still. Although the boxes I was on about from B&Q are no longer available. I got the last 2 from Chesterfield B&Q for £5 each because the hinges were a bit wobbly. Replaced hinges, bargain.

Social source share

I use really useful box for storage. They do one that hold about 100 and one that hold about 200. Tough plastic and easily stackable. Last longer than the card type boxes. You can even get them in different colours :thumbsup:

https://www.reallyuse...p/rub_music.php

I bought 10 of the solid silver ones that hold about 100 records just last week. They're absolutely brilliant!!! And like chalky said, easily stackable.

I chose solid silverbecause they let no light in whatsoever. I was nervous that the see through ones would allow too much light through them and possibly warp the records. Probably wouldn't happen but I was taking no chances.

Social source share

I use really useful box for storage. They do one that hold about 100 and one that hold about 200. Tough plastic and easily stackable. Last longer than the card type boxes. You can even get them in different colours :thumbsup:

https://www.reallyuse...p/rub_music.php

I went and looked for these yesterday and found the range in Staples but I couldn't find one that fit 7" records - well it did, but it was like an inch too wide either side and that f*cking annoys me, I like them to fit properly so I didn't buy any. But a bit of advice for anyone, buy them at the place Chalky linked to because they are £2 more expensive per box in Staples.

Social source share

I went and looked for these yesterday and found the range in Staples but I couldn't find one that fit 7" records - well it did, but it was like an inch too wide either side and that f*cking annoys me, I like them to fit properly so I didn't buy any. But a bit of advice for anyone, buy them at the place Chalky linked to because they are £2 more expensive per box in Staples.

Oooooh, you're such a perfectionist Pete. :D

I thought it was more like 7/8ths of an inch. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Social source share

No seriously, unless they didn't have the correct one in stock, this was about 9" across, so the records would move about

That may be true if the box isn't full and you were transporting them from Record Fair to Record Fair, but they'd only move a little.

If the box is full, they won't move about at all.

I only use them for storage and stacking inside my rather small study / record room, and I've found them to be perfect for my needs.

They're definitely the best thing around for storing records at the price that I've ever found.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert