Soul Sam Live Recordings

Mark R

All,

I'm hopeless at using the search on here......dunno why!

Anyway, ahead of the old boys birthday celebrations, I'm looking for any old live recordings of Sam......I particularly recall a late Wigan one where I think he plays Prince Phillip Mitchell for the first time there. Are there any Stafford's??......Rock City??...........etc, etc

If anyone can point me at any such recordings I'd be most grateful..........just fancy a topical trip down memory lane!

If this should be in Refosoul as the replies come back, feel free to move it mod's, and sorry in advance!

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Ive got Sam live at Cleos Derby 1976 (i think) playing Gwen Owens,Joe Cook,Nate Evans,Jobell Orchestra the Quality is bad but you can still here that magic in Sams mic introductions.I can still remember recording it on one of those poxy heavy on the HP2s machine.

Social source share

Ive got Sam live at Cleos Derby 1976 (i think) playing Gwen Owens,Joe Cook,Nate Evans,Jobell Orchestra the Quality is bad but you can still here that magic in Sams mic introductions.I can still remember recording it on one of those poxy heavy on the HP2s machine.

Cheers Gilly.........that's a nice early recording then.......and I know what you mean about mic work......I listened yesterday to a thing on Podomatic of him live at Butlers Wine Bar (London?) and it's like listening to him now............."Let's have you"........."get on that floor" etc.

I'm surprised no-one has come back with a link to that late live Wigan recording though.

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Cheers Gilly.........that's a nice early recording then.......and I know what you mean about mic work......I listened yesterday to a thing on Podomatic of him live at Butlers Wine Bar (London?) and it's like listening to him now............."Let's have you"........."get on that floor" etc.

I'm surprised no-one has come back with a link to that late live Wigan recording though.

Cheers,

Mark R

Do you have a link for the wine bar recording Mark?

Gilly do me a copy of that tape, will see if can clean it up? Put it on cd for you as well.

Social source share

Mark,

If you would like to hear Sam live, but not as a recording, then come along to Broughton Wings on August 20th. I know there are a number of events to celebrate his 70th Birthday, but this is the official one on home ground. He has been a personal friend for 40 years and two of his great qoutes must be " If your into Soul Music, your in it for life " and " this is one of the best things I have ever had, or ever heard, TUNE "

Kev

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

here is legendary knob twiddler soul sam and the music really hot up at about 1 min,!!!

Steady boy - :ohmy:

Sam's famous clarion call usually with the first record of his spot - 'Let's be 'avin you ................( pre-Delia by many a year).

Social source share

Steady boy - :ohmy:

Sam's famous clarion call usually with the first record of his spot - 'Let's be 'avin you ................( pre-Delia by many a year).

Brian

You must also remember the one probably said the most "Best record for six months".

Have you sorted out the Strip-O-Gram for Broughton??

Daryl

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

Brian

You must also remember the one probably said the most "Best record for six months".

Have you sorted out the Strip-O-Gram for Broughton??

Daryl

Almost - just need to know what you're going charge for doing it .............and then you're booked :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert