Frances Burr And Frances Burnett

Denbo

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

What leads you to even suggest this?  Do their voices sound the same to you?  As far as I know, Frances Burr was a local Chicagoan.  Frances Burnett was born and raised in Philadelphia, and resided there during her music career.  But, I believe that she recorded for Coral (Decca) in New York.  I'm not sure if she came to Detroit to record for Berry Gordy ((as did Ken Masters (Decca).  I can't imagine Frances Burnett, who was fairly well known (enough to have appeared on American Bandstand), shortening her name to Burr, and recording for Sebon Foster's little Salem Records in Chicago.  It doesn't make sense.  Furthermore, their voices sound VERY different to me.

Edited by RobbK
Social source share

Frances Burr sang Blues, and had a strong, hard-edged delivery. Frances Burnett sang with a smooth, laid back style. Also, the tones of their voices sound VERY different. Everyone in The World has his/her own unique recognisable tone. Only identical (shared egg) twins have extremely similar tone. It's fairly easy to discern different pepleor same people by their voices.It's pretty clear to me these are two different people.

Social source share

Loved that Frances Burr

But now it's been 'Jukebox Jammed' it's been f*cked off the wants list

Loses all appeal/value to me once the boot bandits get hold of it

Social source share

Loved that Frances Burr

But now it's been 'Jukebox Jammed' it's been f*cked off the wants list

Loses all appeal/value to me once the boot bandits get hold of it

You used to love it, not anymore?

Good. I'd rather people who appreciated the music rather than the exclusivity of the plastic it is pressed on continue to enjoy it. I appreciate both and wouldn't be looking to sell my original before or after the fact. Because the music sounds exactly the same as it did before, and I still like collecting good music on original pressings.

Edited by Mr_Outsider
Social source share

You used to love it, not anymore?

Good. I'd rather people who appreciated the music rather than the exclusivity of the plastic it is pressed on continue to enjoy it. I appreciate both and wouldn't be looking to sell my original before or after the fact. Because the music sounds exactly the same as it did before, and I still like collecting good music on original pressings.

I feel that somehow booties have "no soul", originals are made in that past and inherit the special aura/spirit of that time...its the same with the sound of booties to me..they sound "dead" ! Just my opinion but I will stay in love with Frances.... :wub:

Social source share

I feel that somehow booties have "no soul", originals are made in that past and inherit the special aura/spirit of that time...its the same with the sound of booties to me..they sound "dead" ! Just my opinion but I will stay in love with Frances.... :wub:

Sometimes I think record collectors have "no soul". There is too much shit music in such high abundance for someone to get upset about 500 people in the entire world getting to enjoy something this good. In my opinion. And I am a record collector too.

Social source share

Sometimes I think record collectors have "no soul". There is too much shit music in such high abundance for someone to get upset about 500 people in the entire world getting to enjoy something this good. In my opinion. And I am a record collector too.

I'm talking purely from a record collectors view it has become worthless to me no matter how good the sound

If you're really not arsed about the format buy an MP3..rather than some bullish*t boot..or are you trying to pass yourself off as having an original like so many of the 'fake DJ' wannabes?

You can't afford an original record..buy one you can afford

There are plenty of records I love but can't afford..doesn't mean I'm going to buy a boot of it..I'm not that desperate to play it out that I would resort to such an unscrupulous action

I'll just obtain a sound file and play it on my iPod

There is no excuse for buying boots

Original Vinyl or nothing

Edited by Beeks
Social source share

I'm talking purely from a record collectors view it has become worthless to me no matter how good the sound

If you're really not arsed about the format buy an MP3..rather than some bullish*t boot..or are you trying to pass yourself off as having an original like so many of the 'fake DJ' wannabes?

You can't afford an original record..buy one you can afford

There are plenty of records I love but can't afford..doesn't mean I'm going to buy a boot of it..I'm not that desperate to play it out that I would resort to such an unscrupulous action

I'll just obtain a sound file and play it on my iPod

There is no excuse for buying boots

Original Vinyl or nothing

I didn't say I wasn't arsed about the format, I said I like buying records, and I collect originals. I guess people who buy reissues like buying records but don't value the original as much as we do, so they buy the reissue. Or else they like having the music on record and buy the reissue while they wait for an original. Or else they like having the music on record but don't collect a certain genre as much as another so are happy with reissues. Or perhaps they collect reissues. There are a world of possible reasons, and I don't believe anyone should need an 'excuse' for buying a reissue.

I'm a record collector who owns a copy of the original pressing of Frances Burr. It hasn't become worthless to me overnight. I like the music - a real lot - and as such I like having it on original pressing - as I'm a record collector. I don't really see what the confusion is. If you only buy records because you believe there is something exclusive and sacred about having the music on vinyl and this value system is so fragile as to be shattered by the mere existence of a small run reissue of said music, on vinyl, I think you need to re-evaluate in light of the real world.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert