"identify The Stompa"

• Replies 243
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

johnny is johnny kitchen obviously - the man behind condor records. surely we all know that :D
Well they think it`s mr Kitchen......but they`re not sure,it`s British... :D ...columbia`n.... beer.gif

still no name for "stompa" come on i got another..... :thumbsup:

Social source share

This Kitchen bloke seems quite interesting.

Biographyby Eugene ChadbourneOne album was released under the band name of Jimmy Cole Unlimited by Condor, a totally bizarre independent label based out of Burnaby, British Columbia in the '60s. The label's specialty was recordings by fake groups, a list that includes The Crazy People and the Blues Train as well as the Jimmy Cole Unlimited, a band which actually was somewhat limited by the fact that it, like all Condor bands, did not really exist. The label's catalog represented a kind of exploitation of the fact that rock bands were a commercial concept which might apparently sell albums even if there was no group "in fact, considering the way some bands behaved, it might even be easier that way.

Actual individual performers are always uncredited on these records, but there is speculation that the strangely diverse sounds included were cooked up by a Vancouver television weatherman who has remained unidentified and a fellow named Johnny Kitchen. Kitchen was an obscure '60s and '70s recording artist who spent time in Vancouver at the time Condor was active before finally heading for Los Angeles in 1969 and a short career making records for which he was actually credited. Kitchen seems to have been involved in at least a dozen kooky underground sides on various private American labels about which next to nothing is known. His presence is the only thing these productions have in common. No style was out of reach for Kitchen, and there are portions of the Jimmy Cole Unlimited's Hang on Sloopy which give the impression of having been recorded by completely different sets of musicians. Perhaps Johnny Kitchen, whoever he really is, named himself after the expression "everything but the kitchen sink" "it sure sounds like it.

Social source share

This Kitchen bloke seems quite interesting.

Biographyby Eugene ChadbourneOne album was released under the band name of Jimmy Cole Unlimited by Condor, a totally bizarre independent label based out of Burnaby, British Columbia in the '60s. The label's specialty was recordings by fake groups, a list that includes The Crazy People and the Blues Train as well as the Jimmy Cole Unlimited, a band which actually was somewhat limited by the fact that it, like all Condor bands, did not really exist. The label's catalog represented a kind of exploitation of the fact that rock bands were a commercial concept which might apparently sell albums even if there was no group "in fact, considering the way some bands behaved, it might even be easier that way.

Actual individual performers are always uncredited on these records, but there is speculation that the strangely diverse sounds included were cooked up by a Vancouver television weatherman who has remained unidentified and a fellow named Johnny Kitchen. Kitchen was an obscure '60s and '70s recording artist who spent time in Vancouver at the time Condor was active before finally heading for Los Angeles in 1969 and a short career making records for which he was actually credited. Kitchen seems to have been involved in at least a dozen kooky underground sides on various private American labels about which next to nothing is known. His presence is the only thing these productions have in common. No style was out of reach for Kitchen, and there are portions of the Jimmy Cole Unlimited's Hang on Sloopy which give the impression of having been recorded by completely different sets of musicians. Perhaps Johnny Kitchen, whoever he really is, named himself after the expression "everything but the kitchen sink" "it sure sounds like it.

Nice bi-op,some one`s got to name the "stompa" now...... :D Pete.... :thumbsup:

Social source share

No I'm totally bewildered now, I have no idea what's going on, and I'd like to know how Dan came up with the name!
He probberly put Hang on sloopy on google search,am i right Dan,do tell.... :thumbsup:
Social source share

Is that it then Ken................... when does Dan get his prize, two cd`s & a boots voucher :D
Is it hell... yes.gif we know who;what album;where;etc,....but nobody as told us what this track is called... ... :thumbsup: Edited by kenneth aitchison
Social source share

:rolleyes:
much more devious than that ken wink.gif
You`re the one with the spyware... huh.gif ,funny tho` you can get sound bites for the other album`s but not this..... :shhh: i hope you ain`t been spying on me.... :no:
Social source share

:rolleyes: You`re the one with the spyware... wink.gif ,funny tho` you can get sound bites for the other album`s but not this..... :shhh: i hope you ain`t been spying on me.... huh.gif

soundbites are out there if you know where, and how, to look. but no titles (yet) :no: .

Social source share

hold my hands up, these are crap guesses, but it's not either:

a weird instr version of house of the rising sun

or

a weird, too early, instr version of echo beach

is it?

Edited by Dan
Social source share

hold my hands up, these are crap guesses, but it's not either:

a weird instr version of house of the rising sun

or

a weird, too early, instr version of echo beach

is it?

:shhh:
Social source share

You can always check on ASCAP and BMI websites if you get the time

not much help without the song title though pete (unless you know the writers, obviously)

Social source share

Obviously not been keepin` up with the topic Dan........ :rolleyes:

au contraire ken, been out getting some stuff for my pc.

still scratching me head - i know that tune, absolutely sure of it. but nothing coming to me yet sad.gif:shhh:

Social source share

Bet you cant?......Kent cd for the first one who know`s,and for the first one who likes it now`t..... :lol: first to post win`s.

:lol:

added this by them....... :thumbsup: and this.... :lol:

Well..... :)

Social source share

Guest livelikeasailor

That`s it then,i beat S/S have we done?or wot`.... :thumbsup:

Hello Ken, Ive just down loaded the stuff now, going to to listen to it, and hopefully tell you the correct answer !

Im the one who was sat very near you on friday night?

Katy whistling.gif xx

Social source share

Bloody hell Ken, if I'd have thort last nite I coulda bribed you and then I woulda looked really clever on here......are you up for pm bribes.... whistling.gif
I owe you £50,so yes..... :thumbsup:
Social source share

I'll knock a fiver off and no more........oooooops, that shuda been a pm.... :secret:
Look like i better keep the answer to meself then whistling.gif ,nobody else is gonna get it........
Social source share

right ken

is it:

Cold Cold Feelin' or Too Young or We Got Somethin' or You Don't Love Me or Chow Cart Blues or Poor Kid or Trainer or Ward B or Monster

????

please say it is one of the above...I am losing the will to live now :thumbsup:

Edited by Dan
Social source share

right ken

is it:

Cold Cold Feelin' or Too Young or We Got Somethin' or You Don't Love Me or Chow Cart Blues or Poor Kid or Trainer or Ward B or Monster

????

please say it is one of the above...I am losing the will to live now :wicked:

:thumbsup:
Social source share

I hope nobody read yer` thread... :lol:

see i edited cold cold feeling...is it ward b?

:thumbsup:

poor kid?

I hope nobody read yer` thread... :wicked:

is it you don't love me?

:lol:

is it we got somethin?

or is it too young?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!