• Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Think this was issued on POWER TREE also ... blush.gif

Yes it was.

I was lucky enough to own a Powertree Dj, instead of it having Powertree across the top, the Dj just had a sticker with Powertree stamped on it. Bought it from Ebay the guy who was selling it, found it in a second hand shop in Usa in 1980.

Would be interested to know if anyone else has a copy or seen one.

Sorry can't help with the knox info.

Karen

Social source share

Yes it was.

I was lucky enough to own a Powertree Dj, instead of it having Powertree across the top, the Dj just had a sticker with Powertree stamped on it. Bought it from Ebay the guy who was selling it, found it in a second hand shop in Usa in 1980.

Karen

blush.gif

Social source share

Hi ,I have the first issue of "I was a fool" (wouldn't I just blush.gif ) on KNOX all the credits appear to be the same,address etc.Any one have more info?Thanks Stevie z

Pat Brady had a Knox copy -Sept o5 £350.

https://www..co.uk/auctions_detail.asp?id=49

Pat Brady had a Knox copy -Sept o5 £350.

https://www..co.uk/auctions_detail.asp?id=49

So there you go underneath that Powertree sticker is KNOX ...

Social source share

So not a lot to choose between Powertree issue (below) circa £200- £250 and demo sticker copy £200 approx. then KNOX issue £300+.

Or just peel off your Powertree sticker -hey presto KNOX! & an extra £100 blush.gif

Simsy, thank god you posted this before I logged out. Went to Popsike as above and saw the PT demo with write up Quote: Jm had never seen one only heard of it being out there, thought to be world one off in house demo.

Firstly sat and cried and secondly was on my to kill my ex husband, who is the reason why 9 month's ago my beloved record's had to go, and now have to start over! :lol: Well that's life at least I got rid of the Bast..d . :lol:

Never had the gut's to lift the sticker though! blush.gif

Karen

Social source share

Simsy, thank god you posted this before I logged out. Went to Popsike as above and saw the PT demo with write up Quote: Jm had never seen one only heard of it being out there, thought to be world one off in house demo.

Firstly sat and cried and secondly was on my to kill my ex husband, who is the reason why 9 month's ago my beloved record's had to go, and now have to start over! blush.gif Well that's life at least I got rid of the Bast..d . :lol:

Never had the gut's to lift the sticker though! :lol:

Karen

blush.gif

Yes it was. I was lucky enough to own a Powertree Dj, instead of it having Powertree across the top, the Dj just had a sticker with Powertree stamped on it. Bought it from Ebay the guy who was selling it, found it in a second hand shop in Usa in 1980.

Are we sure Popsike sticker one is not your copy?

https://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4049977702

1.Have it X-Rayed.

2.Remove Powertree

3.Auction on Pat Brady - £350 ???

Edited by Simsy
Social source share

Know somoeone who had one of these on a Belgian label, can't remember the name but it was a blue label blush.gif:lol:

Very nice. Amazing what foreign label's you can collect, had a few unusual one's from place's you would not expect including Labanon A.B.C. Don't alway's have to pay load's, laugh.gif a lot of collector's seem to prefer usa or uk.

Karen.

Social source share

Firstly sat and cried and secondly was on my to kill my ex husband, who is the reason why 9 month's ago my beloved record's had to go, and now have to start over! blush.gif Well that's life at least I got rid of the Bast..d . :lol:

Never had the gut's to lift the sticker though! :lol:

Karen

Hi Karen,I have lifted "stickers" using cigarette lighter fuel....a few drops on said sticky label wait a few seconds for the adhesive to soften and remove sticker. blush.gif ATB Steve
Social source share

blush.gif

Are we sure Popsike sticker one is not your copy?

https://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4049977702

1.Have it X-Rayed.

2.Remove Powertree

3.Auction on Pat Brady - £350 ???

No not sure look's as if it could be. Sold it to private collector he paid £300. He would have to have sold it straight away to be the one, but obviously at a loss. Can't check date exact as he paid cash.

The sticker on mine overlapped in the centre, just like the one on popsike!.

Social source share

I spoke to somebody last Year, regarding Paul Sindab, and will endeavor to glean a few more facts on my next US trip, but Paul did sound like a bit of a character! Anyhow I was reliably told that Paul used a Custom pressing plant in the NY area, that did small runs of discs, unlike many of the plants that required you to have a minimum of 100,200 or even 500 discs cut, and Mr Sindab did take advantage of this. He then gave copies to various people within the Music Biz in NY to hopefully secure deals, enabling him to have more copies cut. Now what quantities of what discs he had done is open to speculation, but hopefully someone can put a bit more Meat on the Bones of what could be an interesting story.

Des

Social source share

Hi Karen,I have lifted "stickers" using cigarette lighter fuel....a few drops on said sticky label wait a few seconds for the adhesive to soften and remove sticker. :lol: ATB Steve

Hi Steve, thank's for the tip. :lol:

Think we got this sorted, you have the Knox issue ( take it you don't have a sticker mark on your's), and mine was a Knox issue, they turned into a Powertree demo using a sticker, probably to save money before they issued on Powertree. rolleyes.gif

Don't think the sticker should have been removed though as it made it more interesting left as they intended it to be. biggrin.gif

Just checked with Pat and the sticker had already been removed before he got it.

Karen

Social source share

Hi Steve, thank's for the tip. :lol:

Think we got this sorted, you have the Knox issue ( take it you don't have a sticker mark on your's), and mine was a Knox issue, they turned into a Powertree demo using a sticker, probably to save money before they issued on Powertree. rolleyes.gif

Don't think the sticker should have been removed though as it made it more interesting left as they intended it to be. yes.gif

Just checked with Pat and the sticker had already been removed before he got it.

Karen

Hi Karen,I have the Knox issue with the exact same Powertree label sticker on the "northern" side the flip had already had the Powertree sticky removed.I have not removed the remaining label,got to be as rare as the record :lol::lol: ATB Stevie
Social source share

Hi Chalky interesting ,gonna try and find out now rolleyes.gif Do you know of any other releases on Knox? :lol: ATB Stevie

Don't know of anymore on either label off top of my head. Presume Paul knocked them out himself as already said he had his own press. Labels share same number and address.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Don't know of anymore on either label off top of my head. Presume Paul knocked them out himself as already said he had his own press. Labels share same number and address.

No those two seem exclusives don't they. Though there were other people on HYPE that he was on wasn't there. Dunno about KASIKA - more modern releases maybe.

Social source share

Did have another Disc on "Powertree", same logo etc, but a White Promotional copy by a Geezer called "Adonis", can't remember the title, but it is in Tim Brown's book. Anyhow it had a great backing from what I remember, but I'd think it fair to say that the vocal was a little Awfull.

Des

Social source share

Did have another Disc on "Powertree", same logo etc, but a White Promotional copy by a Geezer called "Adonis", can't remember the title, but it is in Tim Brown's book. Anyhow it had a great backing from what I remember, but I'd think it fair to say that the vocal was a little Awfull.

Des

I Laugh To Keep From Crying - Powertree 148 rolleyes.gif . I think I've heard this at Andy's Des, not 100% but I'll check.

Social source share

Know somoeone who had one of these on a Belgian label, can't remember the name but it was a blue label ranting_1.gif:thumbsup:

I have just remembered ( my brain's a bit slow, must be my age!), but several year's ago I was offered a copy of Paul Sindab - I was a fool, on a dutch CNR, I saw a label scan and I'm sure it was blue.

I have emailed him to see if he still has it (must have gone by now), as he was trying for sometime to sell it and no one wanted it. Hopefully he still has scan in his gallary and have asked him to send me it, and will post it on here if he does.

Karen

Social source share

I have just remembered ( my brain's a bit slow, must be my age!), but several year's ago I was offered a copy of Paul Sindab - I was a fool, on a dutch CNR, I saw a label scan and I'm sure it was blue.

I have emailed him to see if he still has it (must have gone by now), as he was trying for sometime to sell it and no one wanted it. Hopefully he still has scan in his gallary and have asked him to send me it, and will post it on here if he does.

Karen

Pretty sure this one was Belgian as I'm sure the owner/seller had a Belgian girlfriend at the time...could have been Dutch as was a few years ago now and memory not the same ranting_1.gif but CNR doesn't ring a bell :thumbsup: Whichever country the scan will be interesting to see.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Pretty sure this one was Belgian as I'm sure the owner/seller had a Belgian girlfriend at the time...could have been Dutch as was a few years ago now and memory not the same :thumbsup: but CNR doesn't ring a bell :unsure: Whichever country the scan will be interesting to see.

Your memory is obviously still working ok, :lol: the Belguim copy is on Cardinal.

Not heard from the guy I mentioned in earlier post re: Dutch copy, I'll email him again tomorrow.

Maybe i'll turn out to have suffered severe memory loss, and the Dutch copy will be Belguim, same colour blue! and there is of course a C, N & R in Cardinal. :yes:

Social source share

Guest martyn

Yes it was.

Karen

Hi Karen,I was that man ! I left about a dozen copies behind......................

Social source share

Hi Karen,I was that man ! I left about a dozen copies behind......................

Hi Martyn, nice to hear from you, what were the chance's of you reading this thread, small world!

Sorry had to sell it on, personal circumstance's 'n' all that!!!! :rolleyes:

A dozen copies!!! £3600? no, best not do the sum's....

Social source share

Hi Martyn, nice to hear from you, what were the chance's of you reading this thread, small world!

Sorry had to sell it on, personal circumstance's 'n' all that!!!! :thumbsup:

A dozen copies!!! £3600? no, best not do the sum's....

Which might buy me a Del Larks or,better still, Court Davies (with change for a holiday)......To be honest Karen I never really 'took' to the record.I bought it as an unknown,so I was more than thrilled to find it was worth sticking on E-bay.I lost touch with the scene for about 15 years-when did it get spins?
Social source share

Which might buy me a Del Larks or,better still, Court Davies (with change for a holiday)......To be honest Karen I never really 'took' to the record.I bought it as an unknown,so I was more than thrilled to find it was worth sticking on E-bay.I lost touch with the scene for about 15 years-when did it get spins?

Sorry to but in. But yeah it's been played out - couple of Crossfire's back. Played at either the Dome, or Plinston, or Both.

Good record imo. Not a floorpacker as such I'd say. But good all the same.

Social source share

Hi Martyn,

I first heard Paul Sindab on a sale's tape from the guy I mentioned in previous post's on the Dutch CNR label, but it had dol, and saw your copy on Ebay at the same time so bought your's. I Never heard it played at any venue's, only when my x was djing at our venue in York and the Manhatten club in Harrogate. Simsy's post mention's where it was played, but I've never been to either venue.

Karen

Social source share

Going of thread a bit, but 80's was my fav era too. Went to Stafford a couple of time's but mainly went to Bradford Queen's Hall, Hinkley and the best of all Cleethorpe's Winter garden's. Don't remember hearing Paul Sindab though, it wouldn't have been my type of track back in those day's.

Social source share

That song by Adonis that you were trying to figure out several posts ago is "Cry of the Century" if I'm not mistaken. Big Belgian sound.

I also think the Paul Sindab on Powertree is brilliant. The only record I own by him is "You Dropped Your Candy in the Sand". Found that years ago in my first week of college for 50 cents at a flea market.

Has anyone ever seen that nice EP of him with the picture cover? JM had one a while ago. What a cool item. Was "I Was a Fool" on that EP? Would that be the Cardinal label record that's being discussed?

KTF

Jas

Social source share

That song by Adonis that you were trying to figure out several posts ago is "Cry of the Century" if I'm not mistaken. Big Belgian sound.

I also think the Paul Sindab on Powertree is brilliant. The only record I own by him is "You Dropped Your Candy in the Sand". Found that years ago in my first week of college for 50 cents at a flea market.

Has anyone ever seen that nice EP of him with the picture cover? JM had one a while ago. What a cool item. Was "I Was a Fool" on that EP? Would that be the Cardinal label record that's being discussed?

KTF

Jas

Saw the ep the other week...it's French. Can't say for sure if I Was Fool was on it, Dropped Your Candy was.

Here's a scan of French ep I've just found after a quick surf.....

post-225-1137320566_thumb.jpg

Social source share

KTF

Jas

Hi Jas

Haven't seen the Paul Sindab French ep, have got someone trying to find me one, he get's quite a lot foreign ep's at good price's so I'm quite hopeful, although appear's to be ultra rare? The Cardinal mentioned is the single of "I was a fool", still awaiting label scan's, as guy live's in Belguim it is taking to time to sort out.

Post's on here a few year's back relating to the ep from Micksmith and also Carl Willingham have one in his collection. Dunno if forsale, maybe in his new list for January on JM site!

Would love to see a picture of him though!

Karen

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!