Gary Welsh R.i.p

Chalky

Your friends came from far & wide to say ta-ra to you Gaz, what a testament to your life!

Our lives won't be the same without your smiling face in it, we have our memories though, that we'll cherish forever

Goodnight & godbless beautiful man

We'll look after Ronnie, Toni, Nathan & Megan for you

Bye for now Gaz

Alison xx

No words...just a hug from me to you darling....Delxxx

• Helpful 1
Social source share

What a send off. Think it is a testament to how popular Gary was by the amount of people who turned up, there must of been about 100 who didnt make it into the church. Thats cos he was such a lovely guy.

Afterwards in the canal tavern was such a fitting tribute to him, with him smiling down from the speaker at us. I'm still smiling at the security tag story, that was him all over.

Ronnie, darling, like you said yesterday I dont have to say anything, but just wanted to add again that you know where we all are & it will be great to see you at the Wilton. My other half said it was lovely to meet you. Toni & Megan are 2 cracking lasses, but am sure you know that already.

Gary will be so missed by as all xx

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

So very comforting to read the above tributes -

A huge thanks to Martin and Rob for a very special Clifton Hall session at Scarborough yesterday afternoon, which of course included Gary's second home - that back room at the Canal Tavern, which worked so well as a very fitting emotional testament, to the sudden loss of a great guy.

Sincere thanks to you both.

:D

Edited by Nick Harrison
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

A great turn out for a great man. Many from far and wide came to show their love and respect for Gary.

Really good send off and celebration of Gary's life in the Canal Tavern afterwards.

Bye for now mate, you're going to be missed.

R.I.P.

Here here -what an amazing turnout and celebration of Garys life !! Very touching at times to.

RIP Gary

Andy and Susanne

Edited by tfk
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

So very comforting to read the above tributes - A huge thanks to Martin and Rob for a very special Clifton & Thorne session at Scarborough yesterday afternoon, which worked so well as a very fitting emotional testament to the sudden loss of a great guy.

Sincere thanks.

:D

Yes Nick, good to see you... we enjoyed it, just tunes that Gary pioneered or played and ones that reminded us of him.......I had to be in Scarborough at 11.00 am

so missed the funeral Friday....however I think he was with us Saturday afternoon ! Hip Hip ! Hooray !!

Rob.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

FROM FACEBOOK By PIDDY

I open my heart to say a massive THANK YOU, to each and everyone of you who attended to say goodbye to Gary.

To see you all, really overwhelmed. (But to be honest, I didn't see many).

I am so sorry I didn't get to thank you in person, because I know a lot of you travelled many miles, but the pain in my heart just wouldn't let me. The Canal Tavern holds so many soulful happy memories in Gary's life, young and old. The music, the people, the laughter, that was Gary, and I just wanted to hold them to myself. We have laughed over many years (36) about the tales he has told me of you all, (and some shared). School and college days. His work and contracting days, (now there's some I cannot tell). His Friday night drinking mates, his fun boys trips away to Wembley, Ostend and Lloret. And finally, the music scene, which he loved so much, 40 years of D.J'ing and buying records. (By we've been to some grotty and good venues over the years). I would like to say some extra special thank you's. To Gary's family and dear friends, who helped me with Gary's final farewell, I will always remember them. To Father Augustine O'Reilly, the mass was lovely and very heart warming. To the Canal Tavern and Staff who has always gone that extra mile for Gary. The care and warmth of Armitage Funeral Directors. Thank you to those who donated. Total £709.26 which has gone to the Brain Injury Group in Goole (T.L.U). And a final big thank you to my dear children, our little Meggie Moo. You are all my rock. God Bless you all.

Piddy/Ronnie/Veronica xxx

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!