Luddite

Guest in town Mikey

Guest in town Mikey

I have succesfully managed to download 'Real player' onto my work computer.

I have two questions.

1) Can I store the records I manage to download (about 10% so far) anywhere? And is it easy to get them, like a juke box.

2) I am changing jobs, and therefore computer, although I will still be at same company, using same email and packages etc. Does the 'Real Player', go with me to my new computer, or stay with this computer.

Sorry if they seem silly questions, but I see computers as a working necessity, and a wonderful link to sites like this.

I generally have absolutely no interest in their workings, so switch off immediately someone starts getting technical.

I promise to listen to any advice in this instance.

TIA

Mikey

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

Firstly No the Real Player stays with the PC

secondly when you get your new PC you may want to consider downloading Jet Audio instead ask Chalky it's much better ;o))

Thirdly i would save all your downloaded music in a file in My Docs/My Music you can then sort them however you want and transfer them into your media player to set up playlists etc

Fourthly get a grip you gloucestershire carrot cruncher ;o)))))

JoT

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Firstly - Darn it

secondly - I will do that. After I have settled in. Probably best not to abuse the system until maybe the 2nd or third day ;-)

Thirdly - Sounds complicated. Is My docs on the computer or with the download? I really have no clue as to how these things work.

Fourthly - Where do you think my red hair came from? The milkman??

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

GRR had to stop playing a track I had downloaded. Tried downloading it again, no joy. Went to real player. It is stuck there and wont play again.

#### it. I'm going to stick to buying the ####ing songs.

I will see if the office budget will stump up for a record player and ear phones.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Firstly LOL

Secondly are you saving the files you download in a file specified by you? or are you just downloading them to a default temp file?

My Documents is a folder on your C drive that you can save all the stuff that is just yours rather than shared documents etc you can easily set up sub folders within My Docs should already have a My Music folder in there as well as a My Pictures etc etc

Thirdly do work really allow you on a computer LOL ;o)))

Fourthly if you are still stuck PM me and i'll give you my phone number and i can talk you through it

Fifthly i though you had gone to bed with wet hair and the next day it had gone rusty??

John

Social source share

this b a good addition to the proposed sorta techie section suppliers/equipment/music software/storing cleaning etc.

(mike come on son)

Danny D

hang on danny , sections up as part of the news/article revamp bit

need a decent title for it though

short sharp and says what it is

suggestions @?

Social source share

Ok mike am hanging on :)

my tuppence worth of entries-

wot bout:

how & where to?

tackle n tools tidy

gear sorted

any marketing buffs out there

Danny

Now that made me laugh, but speaking as a woman of the opposite sex, would I be allowed into the "tackle n tools tidy", or would I need to access a bits n bobs box! :)

Social source share

Thats nice innit, I dont even know who that man is! lol

As for being a luddite, you cant be worse than me. I downloaded Realplayer the other day because my computer made me. It took an hour and I still dont know why. Mind you Ive been lost in the forum for 3 days now and I cant find the same thing twice. A tackle n tools section would come in handy for me too, and all those closet luddites who pretend they know what there doin.

Social source share

the "reference" section in "news/articles" been up for about 2 weeks now, plan is to transfer all worthy guides/references in that - renamed it as "tackle n tools" as seems to work well

anyone can add stuff to it via the "submit an article"

at moment just one article, again its waiting for time avail

section can be found at

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!