Thanx Dave...x (Dave Moore)

Sooty

I know we've spoken via PM but I want to publicly thank you for your kind offer and 'support' mate...X I do deserve such as does the music!x I never used or abused anyone in those 10 years....friend to all North...Souff...and even Richard Domar in Brum used to stop watching footy for 5 minutes when i popped round!x Deep stuff!x The scene for me...was ;'chill out'...not business...and i enjoyed every minute! Yeah....promoters wondered if I was out to take over the drugs....or just 'givin it large' and stuff....and some are still scratching their heads wondering what I was all about 13 years later!!!hehe!x But nope.....I was just like they was....20 years earlier....but I was in me 30's...and had some carching up to do!!!hehe!x So...I made no enemys or had a problem with anyone....and to date....nobody has come to me and said different from their end! So...on that basis.....yup....I thank you for being respectful to me 'launching; into your forum....after so long!!!!x

I have been overwhelmed by the E-mails from folk who were part of that wave of enthusiasm and innocence that swept the UK...THANK YOU ALL>>>X We were the largest 'crowd' on tour for 7 years! Never took less than 20 wherever we went..and 50-100 for an all-nighter was 'standard'. It was a 'night out' with 'the people' for me....simple as....and we enjoyed it! We got 800 minimum coming to 'A Little Togetherness' at the Maltings/St Ives A/Nighters near Cambridge in the 90's. However.....the stats were....only 30/40 came from within 20 miles! Soulies came from Portsmouth...Scotland....North Wales...Blackburn Brum...and Belgium! We...as a collective....The 9 Clubs....(4 Mr South???...! U wos there!hehe!x)....deserved the support of 'the people'...because we were just people! No saddo zone....and it brought many back to the scene for a 'party'....end of!x The music...was easy.....it's in me blood and makes me move...since 1973....can't help it. But....all music does that to me...runs thru me blood...and is easy....but Northern gets me feet moving....nowt else!...Perhaps me dad was an Aborigine??? Me mam can't say he weren't...it wos dark at the time!x

@@
~

....read the flyer Mr South...ir said all!!!x.......it took me seven hours to put it together wiv pritt stick and Richard Domar's/John Manships lists/books!!!hehe!x.....the 1st '9Clubs' doo!x

maltingsa.jpg

,,,,there's your signature on the only copy!!!hehe!x I luv me originals....X

Sorry Dave....just jogging an old friends memory!x Dave...because of those other commitments to me music....and 3 local football clubs i'm trying to save for our future Kings pleasure.....looong story!....and me businesses needs...along with 40 websites I have commitments too...then....I have to go...for now!x

I popped in here out of courtesy as i said....to pay MY respects to 'the people'. I would hate to have a Soulie...old friend....come and say.....'ere Soot....why didn't you share those tunes wiv me before it went to No 1....or was on the telly every day a la 'Here Come The Girls'! It would be against all what I stood for when full on with DJing/Promoting nationwide. It was about YOU all then....and by sharing...I felt a bit happier about life. Robbie Williams is the same.....he looks out on thousands....he is happy.......he turns to go off stage....and is alone again. Thanks for making me feel a 'part'....when to be honest.....I was alone after each week end. We all have our reasons for being 'there'. I'm happy to have shared mine...X It was sorted to my satisfaction tho'! Me good friend pulled a sicky....I went to Nantwich as I was DJing....I phoned her up at a service station to aplogise for another row before i left......he was there....I said....enjoy! She was a virgin....we'd met at 16, I should have left her at 18 when i had the chance and felt it right. But...I couldn't hurt her....or be on me own at the time. 28 years later....he did us the favour....and to be honest....I couldn;'t be there for her anymore. I did the best set I ever did that night....and nobody knew why!.....and genuinly was happy. Mad eh? I left her everything as well as my friendship. She is in a happy relationship today with a long termer not a short termer which she deserves...and so am I. We divorced because we should have never been together. Nobody elses doing....just our truth! We have 2 kids to show for our 'togetherness' who are both doing better than we did at their age. I ain;t gonna tell you the suffering was worth it for us all.....but....we is all happy today...and all moved on!x Simple as....so no skeletons over our way folks....we is cool!x

On that note of sincerity...I will take up your very kind offer Dave!x I will put an article together for folks to read at their will!x I'll put a few 'bonus' tracks in there too which are for the 2nd album....or the bits we've done anyway!hehe!x The article is for sharing the music and info. I don't need to 'sell' any DVDs to anyone. 1,000 copies of those 'Togetherness' videos went out there somewhere! I gave them to Kev Roberts/Richard Serling as a thank you for letting me do what made me happy! They had the 'network'...it was the smartest way to get the 'happening' shared with 'the masses'!......and the costs money they gave me for production went into buying some TV's for a charity do I did in Kings Lynn for some Soulies. Like then....I don;t need your moneys Dave...or Soulies! I'm asking your opinions...and 'coming home'.....to be respectful!x Any royalties my 50% earns on the Northern sampled tracks will be going to Histon/Cambridge United and Cambridge City's Fans Trusts! Pure pleasure for me.....like it was on the decks or meeting a new Soulie! We'll sell millions pf the tunes...job done...and I knew that before popping in...as said....musics easy....when one dances....I find!x That....is what i've been about....and I will sort summink out in a week or so for the site!x Thank you and all again for your warm welcome and happy memorys...X

LUV
SOOTY
X

In the interests of transparency and openess!x

www.matso.tv/equal.html

www.skooters.cc/unstretched.html

Now...one last spin from the album.....everybody HANSUP...!!!!!!!! Dunno wot else is being said....it wos a foreign track from the 70's I found at a boot sale...that's all we know!...COOOOME ONNN....HANSUP!!!x

@@
~

https://www.skooters.cc/zoots/hansup.mp3

I will be in touch Chalky....X

Edited by SOOTY
Social source share

For the craic......whoever wants to guess the right number of 'tunes' featured on the flyer....they can have 5 free copys of the DVD to give to friends and stuff!x

Post here or email sooty@matso.tv The first I come across to get it right wins!x

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

I did the same if u remember before the gig when giving the flyers out John!!! 10 free tickets to the winner by post!!! No email or owt then init! I think we got over 60 entrys and only 2 got it right...so we gave them both 10 tickets!!! ....and look at Southend Soul Providers signature!!! Alan Neil!....Shifty!! He was soooo shy and nervous for his first ever set at an all/nighter!!!hahaha!! I got it captured on vid for posterity! He says on the DVD 10 years ago it was the best a/n he'd ever done.........!....the likkle sausage...hehe...wot happened to him afterwards?????!!!.......your welcome!x As I said...it was about 'the people'...he was one of them....and the scene benefited from him...and Shaun Chapman?...from me old home town...Town!x He rediscovered his passion for the scene and music at our doos as he'd just left the RAF and been out of touch for years....he sez so on the DVD too.....job done....and worth every mile i drove!x As said....still keeping it....and doing me bit along with Pete me producer mate...where it counts.......among the youth...and time served......and simply joining the two with music!x

I'm gone.......!X

Edited by SOOTY
Social source share

Still a midtempo mogul then Len!!x Brilliant to hear from you...X I speak with a great DJ...Bernie King...based  on BBC Northampton but has a networked show on the Beeb saturday night...Rock n Roll...Soul...Doo Wop....learnt looooads!! He told me that The Thunderbird Club has finished?! Has the venue gone in Wellinboro'?x U still at it?!x I've said it as simple as it was I believe Lenny! Happy times we all had...!x Is Ciro...Dave V...Rob...all about still? Come over anytime...I have a music 'shack' at one of me houses dedicated to the Soul scene...decks and everything!! £1000 pounders cover the ceiling that i've broke over the years...hehe!x All the posters n stuff from those days covering the walls....your on loooads! Come over...X

@@
~

LUV
SOOTY
X

len.jpg

...I think this was the City Stop Len....u figured the techno's out yet??!x

Edited by SOOTY
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

...and we have a winner for the fun quiz above!! 19 entry's wrong to date....but the first one right is Deb & Storky from Daventry!x Well done and as soon as the DVD is done we will send you 5 copys with pleasure!x

Thanks to the 20 who took part for the craic!x

LUV
SOOTY
X

....ooops....there are 53 Northern titles featured in the flyer!!x I had to count it 5 times to make sure...and i made the flippin thing!!!hehe!x Have a great week-end all..X

@@
~

maltingsa.jpg

Edited by SOOTY
Social source share

Still a midtempo mogul then Len!!x Brilliant to hear from you...X I speak with a great DJ...Bernie King...based  on BBC Northampton but has a networked show on the Beeb saturday night...Rock n Roll...Soul...Doo Wop....learnt looooads!! He told me that The Thunderbird Club has finished?! Has the venue gone in Wellinboro'?x U still at it?!x I've said it as simple as it was I believe Lenny! Happy times we all had...!x Is Ciro...Dave V...Rob...all about still? Come over anytime...I have a music 'shack' at one of me houses dedicated to the Soul scene...decks and everything!! £1000 pounders cover the ceiling that i've broke over the years...hehe!x All the posters n stuff from those days covering the walls....your on loooads! Come over...X

@@

~

LUV

SOOTY

X

len.jpg

...I think this was the City Stop Len....u figured the techno's out yet??!x

Yes, still plugging the Mid-tempo thing mate :D

I had a 'Grand Final' night at The Embankment Club back in 2007, after 15 years. This was by choice, due to a terrible new Manager, having some more babies, and having a business to run. In hindsight a very good decision (albeit more luck than judgement) because from around that date, the Soul Scene exploded with hundreds of new events (as you can see by looking at the calendar) I was well pleased it finished on a massive high - it was a lock out by 9.30, and I had to sneak people in past The Management (lot's still owe me entrance money!) :D

Rob, if you remember never did The Maltings, him and Karen went their separate way and started The Buzz. This is where we differed in opinion - Rob wanted to introduce different music to The Soul Scene to attract younger people, they ended up being very successful playing different music first, then introducing Soul Music to that 'Scene' (I was pleased for them) Also pleased to be working on my own - It's the only way! :yes:

Ciro and Sharon are 'out 'n' about', but I don't see them very much (different places) I see Dave and Lisa still at local events that I am involved in (at arms length) - I have to put my 'Mid-tempo' Two Penneth in! :D  :yes:

Ref that photo, we were actually using the Mike as the Ear Phones if I recall! - Still trying to remember the shirt though (Almost the 80's look that!)  :D Yes, happy times....when the Soul Scene was made of Chocolate :yes:

I'll take up your offer next time I'm about in you area.......Crumbs, are you coming back to haunt us mate?! :ohmy:  :D

All the best,

Len :thumbsup:

Edited by LEN
Social source share

...you always smelt like the 80's....hehe!x Good clean guy u is Lenny....!x That microphone trick I showed u??!! It served me well all over the place right up until the V festival a couple of years back!!! I walked into Blackburn about 3am one morning.....saw Little Scotty and folk running around asking for headphones......I calmly walked into the room....put me bag/box down....walked over to the stage....several 'names' all rifling through boxes/bags looking for some.....walked up to the decks.....good friend Bob Hindsley was just going through his 'going blanc' routine which dogged him minutes before his set everytime....hehe....and pulled the faulty headphones out...and plugged the microphone in it.....init!x Everyone 'froze'...shock....looked....I smiled at them all....no words said....and went to get a drink.....! The party carried on....hehe!x

Never used headphones in me life Len if you recall! I 'see' the music....wiv the lights! When you know every sound in that grooooove....it's easy!...I find!x If no lights...I can hear it when I 'scratch the record'...wiv me head close! 

1 word of warning for those reading.......don't plug the mic into an output socket.....in ure panic! The ball blew off and drew blood on me ear once as a begiiner wiv headphones.....that's why I binned using em!x Hence my calmness....with experience!hehe!x

@@
~

Coming back Len???......erm....never left really! Done charity does over the years n stuff! DJ wise I have a few functions I get to play in the centre of Cambridge or other open air stuff around the UK and play vinyl from across me collection....including Northern of course! Do a gig in Amsterdam when it's Queens Day/Week end.....one looong week-end of music for me...enuff for a year! 10-20,000 get to hear me latest boot sale acquisitions!! Happy times!x I did a do at last New Year....or was it the year before! At a friends restaurant ...food included....and it finished at 6am in the morning when billed for 12.30am!!! Nobody in the room had been to an A/N in their lives....or had such an experience!!! All were 30-60 year old folk!! It's the nearest i've been to 'it' in 10 years!x It's the nearest the Indian waiters had been 'near' it too.....haha! I told them that a bunch of girls....30'-50 year olds were prostitutes......! The Boss...my mate....said he couldn't get the staff to work beyond 1am when organising it.........they were dancing to the Macerena and smooching to Ray Pollards The Drifter at 3am!! It was me Sister and her friends who 'entertained' them! I din't tell me Sister about why they were so 'accomodating' that night until 3 weeks later when it was her Birthday! I announced it at the family meal she'd organised......and her dinner went all down her dress.....hehehe!!!x

spiceweb.jpg

I said i'd do a couple a year....they have Elvis...an Asian!!...who does a great job a couple of times each year too! Unfortunately...i've been too busy to book a date! The Gaffas call me each month since to see if I can do another.......and ask are those girls coming again..........!

However...as for todays Northern scene...I have had many pms/E-mails....!Thank you all!!!x I don;t have 'time out' much these days....and perhaps I will take up some of the kind offers up.....for the craic!x If i'm doing some 'talking'...I better be seen to be doing the walking! If you remember mate.....nobody did more 'walking' than me to ensure we had the success we all did at the Maltings/St Ives! First to arrive....last to leave at every gig nationally!! Job done!x So...if there is a grand occasion to raise money for charity...then I would gladly giv up Time Team for it...yeah.....why not?!x But....no chance of promoting n stuff.....apart from when The Zoots Collective get a spot at the V....or the next Olympics or summink!!!hehe!x

There is this 1 last opportunity beckoning tho' Len! The City Stop! Cambridge City FC are moving...ground being demolished after this season! The venue is open until June! I have spoken with the manager of the venue now...and he only has a few Fridays available until June! You were a part of that 5 year success story....sold out rammed every month. Looads of DJ's went through it and many got their first chances there too as an 'away' gig. It attracted over 700 members at it's peak...Cambridge Stompers! Considering all of that 'happening'....I was thinking....should we do 1 last 1??? We'd pack it no probs....Cambridge still has an active scene with doo's regular since i quit! Many are Soulies who were hard core at The City Stop through the 90's! What do you think? U up for it? I could call Shifty if his Lordship is still giving me his pleasure!!hehe!x Only need 100 to make it happen....that's no problem....but....I would love to fill it with 100+ ex City Stoppers....if at all poss...if I...we...did it! We wouldn't have a time restriction as such either......they is pulling the place down afterwards......!!!x What do you reckon?!x You up for it John...Kings Lynn John?!x...I got kit sitting around still!!!x

decks.jpg

city1.jpg

Let me know Len...or any other reading this who was part of that venue! It would be a shame if we didn;t do 1 last one....like a school re-union....I learnt much there as did u obviously!!hehe!x My Northern had consisted of my mates 100 tunes going back to 1974 on 4 tapes! That was it until 1993...and the City Stops DJ's...you included....teached me loads!!!Thanx...X Bud Harper....never heard it until u played it! Rob...That's My Girl.....which I  knicked and took natiownide and had success with it everywhere! DJ's from over 30 Soul Clubs from around the nation came there as 'guests'! Super stuff! A school of learning it was....fancy going back to see how ugly we all is 15 years later???!!!??!x

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

.....u ain;t seen this mong have yer???....!hehe!x

fudgedon.jpg

...I felt safe at the City Stop. Fudge never used to get in me face until after we left there. We'd jump in the bus.....17 of us...and go to the 100 Club....he;'d flick paper and matchsticks at me all the way down the M11. I'd avoid him before me spot by mingling and dancing.....and then as I go on stage....a tap on the shoulder...i'd turn around...and 'Soots....YOUR SHI*E' would bellow in me lug hole....for inspiration. 7 years he did that. It dented me confidence i assure you!x

@@
~

Here's the promo for the Togetherness DVD Len...i've put it in the other thread in 'sales' Forum....but as this is being read too...i'll put t here!x Nice 1 Len...let me know if ure up for it ok!x

Edited by SOOTY
Social source share

PAAAAULLL!!!x Paul Donnellys name has come up as a visitor to the forum! We is old enemies and good friends!x We were scrapping each uver in the 70's through football kinda...him 'Boro...me Cambridge!! The Soul scene United us and indeed many Boro/Cambridge folk that was good for all in Cambridgeshire during the 90's!x

If it is you Paul...then are you up for the City Stop?!x You came as we came to the local gigs and DJ'd at them via the 9 Clubs and Cambridge Stompers too. Loads of lads/ladies from 'Boro piled in.....proper it was!x As I said above...it's City's last season....possibly...probably....maybe....likely going to Histon for a while until they have a new facility sorted . We could donate the proceeds to Citys Fans Trust...as I have done the Fred's Rap tune! I remember many happy 2ams playing footy on the pitch by moonlight as we left the City Stop!!....so nostalgia....and doing our bit for Community clubs in Cambridgeshire?!x I'd call it Peterboroughshre....but it ain't....hehe!x

Hope all yours are well...X The lads on the trailer for the DVD are from Boro...where i say there's plenty of banter bit...they all knew you...I asked em!x

@@
~

LUV
SOOTY
X

Social source share

Let me know Len...or any other reading this who was part of that venue! It would be a shame if we didn;t do 1 last one....like a school re-union....I learnt much there as did u obviously!!hehe!x My Northern had consisted of my mates 100 tunes going back to 1974 on 4 tapes! That was it until 1993...and the City Stops DJ's...you included....teached me loads!!!Thanx...X Bud Harper....never heard it until u played it! Rob...That's My Girl.....which I  knicked and took natiownide and had success with it everywhere! DJ's from over 30 Soul Clubs from around the nation came there as 'guests'! Super stuff! A school of learning it was....fancy going back to see how ugly we all is 15 years later???!!!??!x

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

.....u ain;t seen this mong have yer???....!hehe!x

fudgedon.jpg

...I felt safe at the City Stop. Fudge never used to get in me face until after we left there. We'd jump in the bus.....17 of us...and go to the 100 Club....he;'d flick paper and matchsticks at me all the way down the M11. I'd avoid him before me spot by mingling and dancing.....and then as I go on stage....a tap on the shoulder...i'd turn around...and 'Soots....YOUR SHI*E' would bellow in me lug hole....for inspiration. 7 years he did that. It dented me confidence i assure you!x

@@
~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you ain't had your 'confidence dented' by Fudge - You ain't a 'proper' soulie, as far as I'm concened :D (It goes 'hand in hand' with being 'fleeced' by a record dealer! :D)....I remember after my first time D.Jing at The 100 Club (which you rang beforehand to wish me luck - v. much appreciated that) All went well and I was absolutely exhausted afterwards (what with at least 4 weeks preparation!) I 'limped' off the stage somewhat relieved, and sat next to Fudge.......Ooops....."You were sh*t" (of course!).......I tell you what, it was just what I needed - I cried with laughter!  Brilliant, what a c*nt he is (in a nice way) :D

City Stop again? - Why not?, I'm sure yule create a 'buzz' for it, even if there was five All-nighters on the same night. A word of advice though mate - If you do it, you will need to do what you did back then x 10, then it will be a success :yes:

All the best,

Len :thumbsup:

Edited by LEN
Social source share

...Ady deserves the cred Len...X He came to our does...and 'supported' our ethos...and knew a Soulie when he heard one...and listened to a Soulie who knew Soulies...and I will always respect him for that...X I think 5 'newbies' ended up sharing their stuff at the 100Club via The City Stop on merit! A 6th...Shifty.....bought it....hehe!x It's all I needed to hear Len...ure up for it....consider it done mate!x

That's 2 spaces filled for the bill then! Ain't worried about packing it Len....! Do that with a call the night before...! I have had dooe's at my places over recent years.....and limit it to 300...by invitation!!!x None of them are invited.......unless....we can't find 100 ex city Stop folk or chilled Soulies out there! 1 days notice if we can't,,,whatever happens....we'll be there....and i look forward to just that anyway mate!x

LUV
SOOTY
X

...the last Northern doo I had 'local'....was when a handful from Boston whilst attending some 3rd anniversay gig in Cambridge popped out to see me a couple of years back! They stayed...and we danced in the conservatory!!! They left to get back in time for the doo's finish in Cambridge!!! I went to Boston FC last year to do a group of theirs 50th....loads of faces and friends and a super night had by all! They'd all pile down i'm sure!x

If i'd have had this place in the 90's Len............how many????......and the nearest neighbours are a mile each side???......how looong would it have gone on for??? Good job I didn't.....Fudge would have pitched  a caravan somewhere....!x 

@@
~

lodge.jpg

....when you ask am I back.....I have never stopped 'promoting' really! If you look in the pic at the decks/conservatory....you will find the walls covered in Northern Soul and music memorobilia! Those fluorescent posters are of St Ives/Maltings and stuff!. For a few years it has been a safe house for celebs/profiled folk and the like when it suited me. Private doo's. I take care of everything for them...including music...transport and clearing up their scandles! Point is....nobody left  without knowing about Northern Soul....whoever...! My decks...do as I please init. No complaints to date!....if anything....lots of inspiration where it counted!!! I'll tell you and all more in the article i'm gonna do for the site!x

But....like Fudge....i'm easily pleased!x

home1.jpg

@@
~

X

Send me a text mate....and I will call you with some dates...X Job done!x

...shall we ban him?....I ,mean proper....!x

This is what he did to me....me first night I got a spot at Blackburn! He came round about 5. Mrs was gonna trim me hair for the occasion...as u do! He said he'll do it so she can get ready. I looked him square in the eye and said DON'T F*** ABOUT...PLEEEASE! He looked at me straight back.....and said 'naaaaa....only jesting.'. I sat down.....and his first strike was with a number 1......straight down the middle of me head back to front. I had to have it all shaved off. I was in a mess driving that bus all the way to Blackburn....TW*****T....in between laffs...embarresent...and ...and...just a mess really! About 10 minutes before I was due on....7am.....me and Neil here were chatting....and this loud shout came from our left of "WAAAAN****EEEERRR.....!"....as he....it....took the pic! My worse ever ever pic from the scene....! Never had me hair like that in me life....1st time at Blackburn.........wtf......??!!!!!x It was my 'dream' spot....hard core heart....7-8am...8.03am! It shoulda been a reeeeal happy night!!! TWAAAAAAAAAAA**********TTTTTT. Mind you....we wouldn;t be talking about our first nights with such reverance without him....would we?!x

neilshock.jpg

Ban him.......burn him.......flippin.......I was doing so well wiv me recovery in recent years too..............can somebody find me pills.....!x

Edited by SOOTY
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest soulmusicforever

You are completely bonkers mate. A man after me own heart. Love that the "promo" vid is almost as long as the DVD. You are a totally self indulgent, eccentric, opinionated and funny guy. Join the club mate. God bless. xxx

Social source share

Hi 123 Motown!x It is a bit out of context I suppose! This post was a thank you to Dave for moving the original thread I started to the 'saeles' forum which was considered mpre appropriate! You can see the 'original' here!

Returning friend???....I heard Northern Soul in 1974 for the first time in me life. I was 14. I then went into kids homes...borstal prison and at age 18 set up home wiv me then Mrs to make a life. We did for the next 10 years. At 28...I retired! After a couple of years of messing about in the early 90's...I decided to put a do on with my mate who played me Northern back in 1974 first day arriving at a Cambridge school! We bunked the afternoon off...and played his 100 tunes!! In 1993...after nearly 20 years of listening to these tunes on 4 tapes as me only music i had in any car....I played them for the first time on a deck....and danced to em in a venue...for the first time...aged 32! The same records as i borrowed Waynes from '74!I knew nowt about the scene....pure innocent tunes played...due to the previous circumstances!! Business or HMP pleasure....was certainly summink to do wiv me missing out!!hehe!x On the occasions I came home from the kids homes...I would go to a football match....get 'noticed'...it was the 70's......and be returned! Never did disco's or owt.....weren't free as a kid!x

I left being 'active' on the scene after 7 years catching up! I think I crammed more in that 7 years than perhaps my youth would have had anyway!! However....'returned'???!! The music....has never left me....since 1974....and never will....gigs or not!x Dance Dance Dance made me dance back in me kids home in '74...as did Catch the Teardrop did in me conservatory when I heard that 35 years later!

That's why I pursued these peedos as described above. I lived with these lads in a kids home for nearly 2 years. I took my mates 100 records back with me once. I remember as if it was yesterday in the echoing gym 'Pain In My Heart'...Tainted Love'...'Seven Day Lover'...the Right Track...A Little Togetherness...ricocheting around the walls!. It was my first ever Northern spot...on a record player to me mates! It took 19 years for me next spot! Unfortunately...it took 27 years for me to find out these mates...brothers...had been abused....in '74. I had to do something. End of. I felt guilty I suppose. I was 'there'...and knew nowt....they never said. So...for me...I went back to my roots that some of you may have been planting at Wigan and A/Ns all round the UK! I had 'brotherhood'....without music....but shared it with them all!x I quit the scene in 2000...to go back to that gym we all shared....and make them happy again. I've done so....or done what I can...X Perhaps it is time for some rejoicing and a return?! What do you think 123 motown?!x

R u a Psychiatrist then Soulmusicforever???!!!x Having had 27 different schools/kids homes before aged 16 from Middlesboro to Hull to Grimsby and Cambridge.....and in between hamlets........5 'official' dads not 1 being me own....being brown among whites as me mam and siss are.....and being educated in this Country's finest establishments akin to Cambridge/Oxford Unis but more tailored towards people as opposed to products.....then....I consider meself 'different' to the norm....and try to share such where i can!!!x I hope you ain;t a psychiatrist.....cos my consultancy fees to cream my lifes experience for your future careers application are as they are mate......can't do discount even if u is a soulie...leeeeave it out Guv.....business is business init!x

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

We are all the centre of our universe from our eyes. My 'soul scene'...I became conscious of....aged 5. Some have it in their boxes....some have it in their hearts. I ain't a carpenter....so never got round to making a box. But I have shared what i have got....wherever i've gone. Vinyl has certainly assisted with that. But plastic...i ain;t.. Nice meeting you two and thanx for saying hi!xx

Edit....here it is...the very first doo after 19 years of listening and never dancing to it!

cssc.jpg

I put meself on at 7-8pm.....I was scared!!!hehe!x A year later....after stomping around the nation.....I ended up at the 100club. I played Seven Day lover...James Fountain. I always put a bit of each in me set! Instrumental...70's...mid tempo...still don;t know wot that is??!! Always think of len when I hear that word!!!hehe!x 60's/R*B...and STOMPERS....if one can hack it!! Why should i have changed that at the 100 club?! The place went mad....with enthusiasm....and i remember Ady smiling leaning against the back wall! All I saw was a packed room of happy folk.....and me??....I was in that gym....X I was told by a dealer that the consensus among some of them folk was that it wos a 60's club!  I said...bu**er if i'd have known that I would have brought me Searchers and Beatles.....I thought it was a Norvern venue like everywhere else i go!! We were both then drowned out by Soulies wanting to congratulate me for the set........and nobody to date ever finished that chat.......and I DJ'd a further dozen times at least for them to do so!!!X Besides....I had Mod types rushing me asking wot the hell that uptempo dancer wos.....I said it wos a 60's.....Dance Dance Dance. I fink it wos a 60's anyway! It got the biggest cheer of the night.....I was in me bedroom at the time dancing.....so din;t really notice!x

Here Soulmusicforever.....I got a stock of couches my removal firms collected from Psychos who quit practising......going cheap...as ure a Soulie!!x

@@
~

Edited by SOOTY
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!