soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 60
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

SHOULD HAVE GOT IT WHEN IT WAS CHEAP. AND THAT ALSO INCLUDES YOU DAVE.

link

Hasn't been too cheap for a long while. Kitch and Dean brought a small handful back early 90's I think and they were £150 then. Steve Smith only paid summat like a tenner for his in the 80's though whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Social source share

Guest micksmith

Anywya Mick you been playing it out too long now in your sets, its about ime you sold your copy and got something else

link

NICE PHOTO OF YOUR DAUGHTER OR IS THAT DAVE IN DRAG.

Social source share

Well your quite safe if I get one chalky as I don't want to be a DJ, but does this mean if more copies turn up and it get's within the price range that you would spend on a record you won't be buying a copy and playing it?

Social source share

Well your quite safe if I get one chalky as I don't want to be a DJ, but does this mean if more copies turn up and it get's within the price range that you would spend on a record you won't be buying a copy and playing it?

link

I know you don't want it to DJ. And why would I want to play it...some of mates decided to get behind this record and fuill credit to them for helping it take off the way it has. Now everyone wants it which is understandable as it's a quality record but none capable of finding their own identity, would sooner pay big money for indemand records whistling.gifwhistling.gif Would sooner spend the money on something different..and cheaper.

The record has been around years just never really had it's day until recently...Steve Smith and Butch both gave it spins late 80's early 90's.

Social source share

I dont care if its 50p or 5k if its a great record and a DJ wanted to buy it and play it out im happy enough, so long as I get to hear quality tunes

Social source share

anyway so even if it becomes cheep as chips (damn I am getting hungry now talking of food) you won't be playing it because you didnt champion it to start with ?

Social source share

Guest micksmith

I dont care if its 50p or 5k if its a great record and a DJ wanted to buy it and play it out im happy enough, so long as I get to hear quality tunes

link

WELL SAID-I TOTALLY AGREE.

Social source share

Supposee thats the trouble with todays scene..to many sheep afraid to put the work and find their own style

Boy you got a real chip on your shoulder about this havent you! I know plenty of TOP DJ's who have never broken a sound of their own, who give's a shit??? maybe we should do a poll on here, think you will find that the main area of respect is that its played on the right format more than who found it LOL

Social source share

Supposee thats the trouble with todays scene..to many sheep afraid to put the work and find their own style 

Boy you got a real chip on your shoulder about this havent you!  I know plenty of TOP DJ's who have never broken a sound of their own, who give's a shit???  maybe we should do a poll on here, think you will find that the main area of respect is that its played on the right format more than who found it LOL

link

No chip at all and I'm not on about who found what when or where...all I'm saying is if more DJ's played different records "on the right format" as you call it then the scene would be healhtier musically.

Instead everyone running after the same records and all you hear everywhere is these same records....thats why I said it wouldn't bother me if no more turned up as it would just ruin it as so many records have been ruined IMO that have been hammered to death.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

well in my opinion most people who moan about stuff like this is because they either dont have any big tunes or they dont have the money to buy them. And no small time DJ is ever going to break a record now days, only the big guys with the great tunes which normally cotst 1,000's now are able to stick in an unheard tune and make it big!

Anyway still some guys about finding and playing new stuff, why only last week at the 100 club Dave played a cover up and 3 or 4 tunes you don't normally hear out

Social source share

well in my opinion most people who moan about stuff like this is because they either dont have any big tunes or they dont have the money to buy them.  And no small time DJ is ever going to break a record now days, only the big guys with the great tunes which normally cotst 1,000's now are able to stick in an unheard tune and make it big! 

Anyway still some guys about finding and playing new stuff, why only last week at the 100 club Dave played a cover up and 3 or 4 tunes you don't normally hear out

link

No DJ "big" or "small" will break a record if he or she doesn't get the exposure. And why do all records have to cost £100's.. I know lots of records played by so called "big" djs that are not expensive, covered up and uncovered.

Social source share

Guest micksmith

OK your right im wrong

link

THAT'S WHAT I LIKE A GOOD OLD ARGUMENT-TAKES ME BACK TO SOUL SAM VERSE'S LEVINE.

SAM DIDN'T LIKE 70s LEVINE DID. NOW SAM'S PLAYING 7Os AND LEVINE-WELL WE ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM. FUNNY OLD WORLD. IT'S VERY HARD TO BREAK NEW SOUNDS NOT UNLESS THEY ARE REAL GOOD. THE DAYS ARE GONE WHEN YOU CAN PLAY 3/4 UNKNOWNS IN YOUR SPOT AND THE CROWD ENJOYED THEM. THERES'S JUST NOT THE CLASS OF UNKNOWNS AROUND THESE DAYS. IF THE CROWD STILL ENYOY THE SENSATIONS THEN I'M GONNA PLAY IT. I DON'T GIVE A MONKEY IF BUTCH PLAYED IT IN THE 80s. ANYWAY HE'S GOT TOO MANY GOOD RECORDS AS IT IS-IT'S ABOUT TIME HE DROPPED IT. I'LL HAVE A WORD WITH HIM-HE MAY SELL IT TO YOU JANIE. NOW YOU DON'T WANT DAVE GETTIN' IT DO YOU. ANYWAY LET'S CARRY ON WITH THE ARGUMENT.

Social source share

I have already had a word wiht Butch and told him it's a bit overplayed by him now LOL, followed by 'you hate me dont you' and his reply 'yes' teehee

Social source share

Guest micksmith

oh, and NO, we don't want that Dave getting it first  :)

ps got the flyers and was putting them out up and down the country this weekend for you

link

CHEERS JANINE-IS OK TO PLAY THE SENSATIONS.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Been trying like mad to get a scan of Sensations.

Cadbury's Roses are the closest I can find.

Why all the debate about a box of chocolates anyway?

:)

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

but none capable of finding their own identity, would sooner pay big money for indemand records  :)   :D Would sooner spend the money on something different..and cheaper.

I agree with you on this 100% Chalky, but very few people are interested in hearing a new record unless its played by someone with deemed credibility so that people will therefore know that its a good record and so they can like it. :angry:

God bless those who do not fall into this category. :D

Social source share

I agree with you on this 100% Chalky, but very few people are interested in hearing a new record unless its played by someone with deemed credibility so that people will therefore know that its a good record and so they can like it. :angry:

God bless those who do not fall into this category. :)

link

Ho Ho ho how fucking true Stuart !

Social source share

God bless those who do not fall into this category. :thumbsup:

link

Which was my point to start with!!! Looking forward to your spot at the new london do Mr Tyler :thumbsup:

Social source share

If some bunch of twats won't dance to a record because it isn't being played by the right person then they should be lined up against a wall and shot - or failing that, they should be made to listen to my theories on garden vegetables....

... at 5AM at an allnighter!

Yours

Alan Titchmarsh

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Which was my point to start with!!!  Looking forward to your spot at the new london do Mr Tyler  :lol:

link

Sorry, I misinterpreted the phrase "I want, I want, I want". :thumbsup:

Oh lordy, I'm just going to play stuff like Dottie & Millie so nobody has a go at me this time. :thumbsup:

Social source share

No, I do want the record, but I am NOT a DJ (apart from headlining soulsville on the 30th :thumbsup: ) Nearly every record in my box, and chalky will vouch for it cost less than £30, apart from two long time fave and wants. Unfortunatly this new do your DJing at clashe's with the half time orange, and I have several mates who go to that, that I only get to see there so can't make it, but hope you have a great time and will try to make the next one with a bag of tomatoes for you teehee

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

We did try to avoid clashes wherever possible, so sorry about that. Fortunately the management will have installed a tomato proof screen by the December night....will you leave the tomatoes at home if I get hold of and play that other take of the Entertainer?

Social source share

they should be made to listen to my theories on garden vegetables....

Yours

Alan Titchmarsh

link

Indeed, that's a fate worse than... errr I'll get back to you on that one :thumbsup:

Social source share

If some bunch of twats won't dance to a record because it isn't being played by the right person then they should be lined up against a wall and shot - or failing that, they should be made to listen to my theories on garden vegetables....

Yours

Alan Titchmarsh

link

You do yourself down Hammy, I always find your theories most fascinating :thumbsup:

Social source share

Sorry to differ with everyone here, but I don't think its such a great record,

extremely repetative IMO..........

link

I partly agree. I think it is a great record. Great soul and I like the power and punch it has, but as you say, a VERY repetitive record. I counted how many times in a row they sang "Demanding Man", but it was so many times I lost count. Not a a record to be played over and over again perhaps, unles you really want to wear it out.

Social source share

Yours

Alan Titchmarsh

link

I'm with you on this one. May the soul scenes lunatic fringe unite and take over! whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest micksmith

I partly agree. I think it is a great record. Great soul and I like the power and punch it has, but as you say, a VERY repetitive record. I counted how many times in a row they sang "Demanding Man", but it was so many times I lost count. Not a a record to be played over and over again perhaps, unles you really want to wear it out.

link

YOU'RE JOKING-YOU GO TO A DO-DJ PLAYS "THE SENSATIONS" AND YOU STAND THERE AND COUNT HOW MANY TIMES THEY SING "DEMANDING MAN". HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED IF A RECORD AS GREAT AS THAT YEARS AGO AND I MEAN "GREAT" PEOPLE WOULD GET UP AND DANCE-NOT STAND THERE COUNTING ON THERE FINGERS. MUST TRY THAT DOWN THE 100 CLUB-WHEN IT'S PLAYED GET EVERYONE TO COUNT-PRIZE FOR THE PERSON WHO GETS IT RIGHT.

Social source share