Sean Oliver

Guest skippy197

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Can anyone confirm the existence of this getting a UK 12" release, with one different track to the Canadian release on side 2?

Preferably with a scan. Some of you will be aware of the listing on Discogs to that effect. I don't know for certain one way or another, so it would be nice to see some proof.

https://www.discogs.com/Sean-Oliver-You-And-Me/release/4383558

Social source share

So what about the one on Gemm with the same 'error' Paul?

Ian Spittle from Poole has one listed with Driftin' & Funny Love on the B side - do you know him / is he on here?

The Canadian release has "Driftin' " & "Can I flow" on the B side.

Also why would someone contact me on Discogs saying he definitely sold one?

I take it you have read my comments on Discogs about it?

Like I said, I don't know for definite either way, but it seems odd that two people would list that side with the same 'incorrect'  title.

Social source share

My point was that there is no UK release, Boomtang is a Canadian label/production co out of Toronto. Whether they did 2 different issues/promos is a different matter I guess, but what is more revealing from their website is they probably are not that bothered as they produced 'the hamster dance' and made a packet ;))))

oh oh and they are the same people that did 'love trip' which I never connected. And Charlene Smith 'feel the good times' so I have 3 12's by them ( and one isn't the hamster dance)

Edited by Sutty
Social source share

Ian Spittle from Poole has one listed with Driftin' & Funny Love on the B side - do you know him / is he on here?

Like I said, I don't know for definite either way, but it seems odd that two people would list that side with the same 'incorrect'  title.

Mines got Driftin, Funny love on the b side

Social source share

post-664-0-83762700-1392671133_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Ok. I just played the Canadian 12 listed as 'can I flow' and... It plays 'Funny Love'!, so it appears that the label and sleeve are misprinted!

Mystery solved!! It was doing my head in. My copy says 'Can I flow' and without digging it out to play it, I had a listen to the track on Youtube and it certainly wasn't the track on my record. Just listened to 'Funny Love' on Youtube and sure enough that's the track on my record. (my favourite track on the whole EP.)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Right, we're getting somewhere at last!  :thumbsup:

As Paul knows, the only reason this question came about is due to the comments on Discogs which disputed the two 'different' releases with the different track on side 2.

I also queried it and suggested label scans to confirm if it existed.

Which later I put up scans of my 'Canadian' copy, which shows "Can I flow" as the second track on that side.

But prior to doing that I had a pm (on Discogs) from someone who said he used to have a copy, but wasn't able to put a comment up on the voting  page (to have the 'error' removed) about it.

But once again, last week the vote was asked again. So I just merely wanted to try and get to the bottom of it and sort it out once and for all.

So, it seems like there really are two slightly different releases of the 12", whether one was done in the UK or Canada is another thing. Although with the Timewarp comment on the sales thread could be a clue.

But it at least confirms that both entries are valid does it not?

It looks like I'll have to find mine out now and confirm to myself that "Can I flow" actually does play "Funny love" after all that  :D

Great this collecting lark eh!  :hypo:  :hypo:

• Helpful 1
Social source share